By Loveita
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Cristina wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:41:41 am I honestly wouldn’t have voted for Kim because I thought she would be someone who would have been easier to flip. I would asked that we would have gone for Cass, she was the biggest threat out of her and Penner in my eyes. I wanted to be seen as a potential flipper for the sole reason that it wouldn’t be me if we had a vote that way but like, I told Melinda and Love that I was going to act the flipper.
I probably would have pushed for Cass over Kim (sorry Cass...and Melinda lol) at that point in a vote because she seemed more dangerous. I also figured I would be the person to get votes, but wasn't super worried about it because I did trust Cristina and Melinda to have my back there. I figured we'd either come out ahead with the extra vote, or it'd go to rocks, in which case I'd be safe.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Loveita
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
@Joaq

I'll be surprised if Steph doesn't use me for that key alliance example. We planned the double TC together, and there were a few nights post merge I stayed up past 2 just talking and strategizing with her. Though, to balance out that comment, she had a penchant for circling back to the same ideas and repeating herself. So it'd be 2PDT, I'd be trying to stay up watching her type, and then see the response and be like GIRL WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THAT YES, MOVE ON.

I realllly want her to impress me this weekend.
Cassandra liked this

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Joaquin
Loveita wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:56:33 pm @Joaq

I'll be surprised if Steph doesn't use me for that key alliance example. We planned the double TC together, and there were a few nights post merge I stayed up past 2 just talking and strategizing with her. Though, to balance out that comment, she had a penchant for circling back to the same ideas and repeating herself. So it'd be 2PDT, I'd be trying to stay up watching her type, and then see the response and be like GIRL WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THAT YES, MOVE ON.

I realllly want her to impress me this weekend.
I know, that was the goal with the question, I want her to talk about you.
Loveita liked this

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Russ' answer for me was mostly good. He did talk about me and Penner not being able to work things out which is absolutely true, he would have been fucked if we did.

For the second example, I feel that is largely inconsequential and it would have been impossible to tell how things would have lined. I personally would have rather him talked about how he was likely gone on Juergen had he not been immune, but you can't expect a perfect TC.

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Loveita
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Joaquin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:59:32 pm Russ' answer for me was mostly good. He did talk about me and Penner not being able to work things out which is absolutely true, he would have been fucked if we did.

For the second example, I feel that is largely inconsequential and it would have been impossible to tell how things would have lined. I personally would have rather him talked about how he was likely gone on Juergen had he not been immune, but you can't expect a perfect TC.
Yeah highlighting the you/penner/melinda stuff as an indirect benefit was a good call.

Maybe he considers his prisoner's dilemma immunity grab skill, not luck :dunno:

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Cristina
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Yve's opening statement really disappointed me, this is your moment to sell your story, your journey.

I was going to ask the finalists to edgic the jurors but I can't do that as it is very much a list question :sob:

Cristina

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Echoing Love's sentiment that Steph would often circle back to topics we had already discussed. It was just plain weird sometimes. She talked to me about her idol hunting and challenge performance on Namibia like four times, and it wasn't even useful information the first time. Also in PDT so I had the same experience trying to keep my eyes open. Though, to balance out that comment, there was one night where she was legitimately "on" mentally, and we had a really good talk just shooting the shit, so I wonder how much of the repetition was creditable to Aussie time just melting her brain.
Loveita liked this

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Catalie
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Sorry I haven't been around much, been busy and slept all day yesterday which was much needed.

That being said, Stephanie is taking credit for a bunch of things she had nothing to do with from her personal direction. And even then, she's contradicting shit she said in the game to me, and it's completely different in her FTC. And I knew she was going to do this, so all I've gleaned from her opening statement is that everything I suspected that last night was true. And she's an idiot if she thinks I've going to vote for her boring ass after that.

At least Russell admits he was a shit, and I still see his game as being the more proactive and transparent. Meaning we all knew he was a shady fuck and doing crazy shit, and able to manipulate things. Like it's no shocker he was trying to drag Yve through the game. I know they had a connection after she voted him when Cristina left and because they are essentially neighbors. But let's not forget the fact that he could beat her handily, and even despite their friendship/alliance with each other, he was legit dragging her and Stephanie to the end basically.

Personally, I do not play that way. I saw Joaquin say here the other day he plays with the threats and shit, that's all I ever do. Because I can't play UTR and I can't just role through a game or not get my way, or at least try. So when I play like 99.99% of the time, I am a huge threat and I play with the other threats. And they are fun to play with, reliable, consistent and don't do stupid shit. Because people who are threats in my ORG community aren't afraid to lose, I'm not afraid of my placing. But even then, the thing is about playing with threats, you have to have confidence in your own game. So it's not like "Who here can I beat" it's like... I'll get to the end with my allies, and I'll put up my fight to win. You have to believe you can win and play a winning game, and then you won't need to drag people. And if you lose vs. the best, you don't regret it. Or feel bad. If you lose over someone you dragged, I'm sure it stings. Though, I guess that has happened to me once in an Aussie Arena format game. The goat won, lol But that's like the only time I've personally experienced that happening to me, and I've played over 120 games or something over the past 11 years.

Anyways, my point is... Russell, knowing he was a pariah, a sketch artist, an asshole and someone who's game was shaky at best because of the crazy shit he did and said, he still made sure to get to the end with the two people he could beat. And Yve played for loyalty, her power wasn't legit. The person who is the least threatening and people keep falling over to take to the end, doesn't have power with their decisions. They usually follow someone they love more, because if they really wanted to win, their game wouldn't have started or continued to be shitty. I don't feel like Yve had power to dictate things, she had safety because so many others were being dumb and targeting each other, when I said straight up to Cass, that when Yve outlasts us both, I'd be here to tell her "I told you so" and well, here we are.

With Steph, she's played such an unimpressive game, and I just can't give her credit for shit. What did she reveal that she people didn't know? Or anything she actually did? Nothing. Also, she is lucky as shit she survived on NuFen, Val found the idol while Courtney and I were around, and I had a threesome with them ((Courtney made it.)) and Courtney did not want Val to reveal the idol to Steph, and she only knew about it because I told her, and then told Val to tell her before we merge. ((I also told Val NOT to use it, but she didn't listen to me u_u)) Anyways, that and shit about her position in general is meh. She was never a target, because she was never a threat. She got like 90% of her information from me. People told me things they didn't tell her all the time.

That's my piece though, I'll leave stuff for them and read everything, but I doubt I change my mind.

Catalie

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
I am going to keep my opinions to myself and try my best to stay as unbiased as is possible... I like all three of them but socially none of them were fantastic with me... And I think because they all were heavily regarded as goats, the strategic aspect of their games mostly isn't of interest to me. I have completed my speech but not sure if now is the time to post it or to wait til a little later...

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Re: Russ's response to me, I'm pretty sure I didn't actually "leak" any specifics of my convos with Russ before he leaked them himself, and even then he embellished the truth. He was certainly all over the place with his alliance-guessing and I'd say he broached the topic of flipping with me before I did with him. The Cristina thing he mentioned was well after I had realized he was a dead-end.

Re: Yve's response to me, I can appreciate that she was bullshitting me and others in her self-appraisal as a goat, but I don't understand why she's trying to tell us she played a "candid" game then. I feel like she backstabbed as many people as Russ did.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
I appreciate Russ acknowledging that he didn't put in much work socially with me... That's the biggest hesitation I have about voting for him, but I did like him. Still undecided and likely their answer to my question will determine who I vote for. So far still a three way tie from what I have seen so far, though one person is slightly in the lead for my vote. Just slightly.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Kim
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47:21 pm
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31:56 pm Gotta take a break from this for a while because I have been 100% "on" mentally since round 1, but I'm just gonna cast my ballot for Kim, since I'm a bit heartbroken over how little attention she's getting here. I think she screwed up taking out Cat over Steph last round (and even more so trying to get me out without even asking when the idol expired), but otherwise--and even through F5--she was with me every step of the way since the swap, when she overtook Penner and Cochran as my closest ally. I know if the Scooby-Doo tactic applies to anyone it's her (at least that's the impression I get reading this thread), but every round she and I would hash out strategy for hours. We played pretty much the same game, she was just better at keeping it hidden. And I'm not oblivious to the fact that I turned into her shield the second Tammy got voted out. In my mind she was always set up better than I was.
That's nice for you but she sucked ass with the rest of us so mostly we don't give a fuck about her. But if she wows me in her FTC, sure... just based on our interactions in the game, I'll be surprised if she can make me want to vote for her over people like Yve, Russell, or Steph who were all at least somewhat pleasurable to interact with.
I was just gonna bite my tongue with this, but just because you're the loudest voice in the room doesn't mean your opinion is right. Cass, Loveita, and Cristina all just proved that I wasn't in danger at nu-Munin. Why can't you handle the fact that people *gasp* actually liked me here and wanted to work with me? Cass, Penner, and Yve were all people who were complete strangers to me prior to this game and we got along great?

I opened up to you about a lot of stuff, my anxiety with the lock-down and my eventual being laid-off, etc. I always tried to be cordial with you and if you wanted me to open up more, than fine. But talking strategy with you was like pulling teeth, I feel like I had to handle you like a toddler and I know that Cass and others pretty much felt the same way.

This hatred is coming so out of left-field. Like, sorry that the way I choose to carry myself online isn't "entertaining" or "likeable" enough for you? But I'm not apologizing for who I am and the way I play the game, but it sure worked out better both for me here and in my past season, I actually won on my first try!

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Melinda
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Kim wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:47:40 pm
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47:21 pm
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31:56 pm Gotta take a break from this for a while because I have been 100% "on" mentally since round 1, but I'm just gonna cast my ballot for Kim, since I'm a bit heartbroken over how little attention she's getting here. I think she screwed up taking out Cat over Steph last round (and even more so trying to get me out without even asking when the idol expired), but otherwise--and even through F5--she was with me every step of the way since the swap, when she overtook Penner and Cochran as my closest ally. I know if the Scooby-Doo tactic applies to anyone it's her (at least that's the impression I get reading this thread), but every round she and I would hash out strategy for hours. We played pretty much the same game, she was just better at keeping it hidden. And I'm not oblivious to the fact that I turned into her shield the second Tammy got voted out. In my mind she was always set up better than I was.
That's nice for you but she sucked ass with the rest of us so mostly we don't give a fuck about her. But if she wows me in her FTC, sure... just based on our interactions in the game, I'll be surprised if she can make me want to vote for her over people like Yve, Russell, or Steph who were all at least somewhat pleasurable to interact with.
I was just gonna bite my tongue with this, but just because you're the loudest voice in the room doesn't mean your opinion is right. Cass, Loveita, and Cristina all just proved that I wasn't in danger at nu-Munin. Why can't you handle the fact that people *gasp* actually liked me here and wanted to work with me? Cass, Penner, and Yve were all people who were complete strangers to me prior to this game and we got along great?

I opened up to you about a lot of stuff, my anxiety with the lock-down and my eventual being laid-off, etc. I always tried to be cordial with you and if you wanted me to open up more, than fine. But talking strategy with you was like pulling teeth, I feel like I had to handle you like a toddler and I know that Cass and others pretty much felt the same way.

This hatred is coming so out of left-field. Like, sorry that the way I choose to carry myself online isn't "entertaining" or "likeable" enough for you? But I'm not apologizing for who I am and the way I play the game, but it sure worked out better both for me here and in my past season, I actually won on my first try!
See and from my side of things talking strategy with YOU was like pulling teeth. Opinions are never right or wrong they're simply opinions. We did have some decent conversations but I never felt as though they were generated by you. That doesn't mean you were great socially with other people, and I said that... but a lot of the jurors here were trashing you, so I was just letting Cass know how you were from my perspective. None is to be taken personally, and I did not HATE you... I also said that I think you probably played the cleanest strategic game of the entire final 4... But when all the big threats were pretty much going after one another, I just am not wow'ed by anyone's game as being all that dynamic.

I take back anything I said that has hurt your feelings. Had you argued your case the best in the finals I would have absolutely voted for you. We have different perspectives about our relationship, neither are right. I never hated you, I just connected better with almost everyone else in the merge because whatever you're calling "talking strategy with you was like pulling teeth and other people felt the same way" annoying vibe was transparent in our interactions. Never did you make me feel like you were genuinely interested in me as a person in the least. Only when I directed the conversation that way. Your perspective is different and is also a valid perspective. Just explaining to you why I said what I said, and if I could say it again I would have not said insinuated you weren't pleasurable to interact with. Just of the final 4, you were lowest in terms of who I connected with, and many other jurors expressed a similar opinion if you look back.

I wish you the best in your law career and hope you do some amazing things. I'm sure you will.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jeff
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Russell’s first message answer to my question was pretty good. But his final paragraph or two is critically wrong in a few areas, including about both this season and our previous season.

I want to refute and correct him but I don’t think it’s worth it (and I don’t think we’re supposed to anyway?)

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Jeff
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Cassandra wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:08:47 pm This exchange was better than FTC so far.
I was going to say the same. Most excitement in a few rounds.

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jeff
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Thanks for asking the question about the voting confessional, Kim. I had wondered who but I thought it was someone randomly trying to be cute, or someone flipping and trying to do a driveby jab.

Knowing it was Russell lecturing me how to play when I previously beat him (when added to his last paragraphs in his answer to me tonight) does not leave the best taste in my mouth

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Jeff wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:10:26 pm Russell’s first message answer to my question was pretty good. But his final paragraph or two is critically wrong in a few areas, including about both this season and our previous season.

I want to refute and correct him but I don’t think it’s worth it (and I don’t think we’re supposed to anyway?)
yeah I mean would it elicit a response that would help you make your vote? if not its just posturing

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom