By Gary Hogeboom
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Joaq gave his rankings but if anyone else wants to share, we are all curious. You can use your confessionals (I think) if you don't want to influence people for some reason.

Gary Hogeboom

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Joaquin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:48:29 pm Hi all! I'm happy to answer any questions but I'm sure y'all know a lot

Obviously I was trying to do the All Threats thing and once that backfired i knew I was fucked playing rather OTT. Loveita, Penner...still have no idea why you didn't bite on that. Everyone has been gunning for you for a while

I mean obviously I have tons of connections ;) but the Russ/Tammy/Yve alliance is a great one, we all live walking distance from each other

Okay, so maybe I was just too apprehensive of you by that point, or maybe something got lost in our communication, but that whole "All Threats" thing never came through to me as an actual plan. You had told me that we were big threats and should stick together, but as far as I can remember, it was just mentioned as the two of us as a pair. And then all of a sudden Penner is telling me you tried to make a big threats group with him and Cass and Catalie (I wasn't mentioned as part of it), and then I'm being told by other people I'm in this Big Threats alliance (Yve told me I was in it, and Cat told me we were both in it without ever hearing about it as an actual thing from you). Based on everything I was being told, it just seemed shady more than anything else, like you were trying to draw attention to me as a threat to get attention off of you, rather than actually trying to work with me in a larger group.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Gary Hogeboom wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:24:15 am Joaq gave his rankings but if anyone else wants to share, we are all curious. You can use your confessionals (I think) if you don't want to influence people for some reason.
I'm aligned pretty well with Joaq's ratings.

If Catalie or Cassandra are in FTC, they'd have to screw up pretty badly to not get my vote.

I'm big fans of both Russell and Stephanie, but they still have more to do to convince me I should vote their way. I think Stephanie has a better chance of doing that than Russell for me personally, but that's just because of how I think Russell might approach questions. I plan to ask about perceptions and impression management, and a statement from Russell to Joaq last FTC ("Sorry you're leaving with the wrong impression of me, but it is just that- entirely wrong.") is exactly what I don't want to see said in a game that relies upon proper management of how people perceive you.

Yve and Kim would both need to pull some crazy Scooby Doo tricks and absolutely blow me away at this point. It's possible, but unlikely.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Loveita wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:45:27 pm
Gary Hogeboom wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:24:15 am Joaq gave his rankings but if anyone else wants to share, we are all curious. You can use your confessionals (I think) if you don't want to influence people for some reason.
I'm aligned pretty well with Joaq's ratings.

If Catalie or Cassandra are in FTC, they'd have to screw up pretty badly to not get my vote.

I'm big fans of both Russell and Stephanie, but they still have more to do to convince me I should vote their way. I think Stephanie has a better chance of doing that than Russell for me personally, but that's just because of how I think Russell might approach questions. I plan to ask about perceptions and impression management, and a statement from Russell to Joaq last FTC ("Sorry you're leaving with the wrong impression of me, but it is just that- entirely wrong.") is exactly what I don't want to see said in a game that relies upon proper management of how people perceive you.

Yve and Kim would both need to pull some crazy Scooby Doo tricks and absolutely blow me away at this point. It's possible, but unlikely.
for reference, the reason i was egging him on a bit was because he was trying this weird jury management tactic where he was to my face telling me he really needed me around as a vote, then telling me "uh oh i think you're fucked i think yve is voting for you" when HE was the one telling Yve to vote for me. like, in a group of 7, he's the deciding vote, just say I'm not good for your game any more, I'm not magically gonna think "oh man russ what a great guy he didn't even vote me out!"

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Joaquin
Loveita wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:37:16 pm
Joaquin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:48:29 pm Hi all! I'm happy to answer any questions but I'm sure y'all know a lot

Obviously I was trying to do the All Threats thing and once that backfired i knew I was fucked playing rather OTT. Loveita, Penner...still have no idea why you didn't bite on that. Everyone has been gunning for you for a while

I mean obviously I have tons of connections ;) but the Russ/Tammy/Yve alliance is a great one, we all live walking distance from each other

Okay, so maybe I was just too apprehensive of you by that point, or maybe something got lost in our communication, but that whole "All Threats" thing never came through to me as an actual plan. You had told me that we were big threats and should stick together, but as far as I can remember, it was just mentioned as the two of us as a pair. And then all of a sudden Penner is telling me you tried to make a big threats group with him and Cass and Catalie (I wasn't mentioned as part of it), and then I'm being told by other people I'm in this Big Threats alliance (Yve told me I was in it, and Cat told me we were both in it without ever hearing about it as an actual thing from you). Based on everything I was being told, it just seemed shady more than anything else, like you were trying to draw attention to me as a threat to get attention off of you, rather than actually trying to work with me in a larger group.
yeah with you it was mostly a feeler since i felt like in the absence of an already-concrete plan you were never going to have the faith in me to do it. i considered having you as a 5th in that number but not having Melinda there seemed like a dealbreaker for Penner (even though i didnt really think Melinda was a big jury threat) and I was mostly trying to placate him

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jeff
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
To me, Cassandra is the clear standout left. I worked with her through the game and saw first hand how hard she goes, and seeing her make it through has been great. With the threat trio of Loveita, Catalie and Joaquin falling, I fear Cass will fall next but really hope she can pull through

I often forget Stephanie is in the game but even so am not opposed to voting her if she can convince me, and feel I’m going to need FTC to decide between the remaining options if Cass doesn’t make it

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Catalie
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
This was a good read, but I didn't really learn any super secrets in here. So maybe Russell was right and I had my pulse on the game that hard. I'm kidding, but like I just want to say before I get any further he did the same shit to me, Joaq. And all I could think the past 24 or so hours was "Joaquin was right" about him and Stephanie. I mean, I kind of held out hope she wouldn't fuck me over until at least final 5/4 but it's clear both she and Russell are playing this stupid strategy that I legitimately hate and don't respect it at all. Perhaps I'm being a little shitty to Steph and maaaaaaybeeee she was legit but meh. I hella doubt it, since some of the stuff she said when you left didn't add up. And I'm definitely gonna call her out on it in final tc. I basically already called Russell out for it.

I guess for context for everyone else, what Joaquin said about Russell sending out Yve to vote him and then voting with him to save face is what I mean. It's like pathetic, if you want me out because I'm going to win and I'm a threat, then at least fucking own it. That's my issue with him and Stephanie. And know if or WHEN she makes the end, because legit why would anyone boot her? lol No offense to her, because I love her dearly, but yeah. Anyways, before that Tribal when Joaquin left, I asked Stephanie if she was voting him and she said she was considering it. And I asked her to please vote for Cass with the boys and I. And she just stopped talking to me, lol

Then after TC she left me a msg and said that she knows I wasn't happy with what happened and it's not what I wanted, but she had to do what was best for her game. So then I like called her out last night while I was extremely high and sleep deprived *meow* and I was like... you did what was best for your game and I guess that includes killing me? And I told her she just basically sentenced me to die. Then instead of saying stuff like "I needed Joaquin out, he was a big threat, he'd win shit, he's the idol king, I needed to slay the dragon" like anything like that. She basically started blaming it on Russell. And how she was expecting the vote to be 5-2 and that Russell duped her etc. So like 3-4 hours before that it was good for her game, but then it changed. Also, at one point during me asking her stuff she goes.. 'I told Joaquin to vote Yve' I was like wut? Why are you blaming him for that? I never asked him to vote Yve when Loveita was leaving. I was gonna vote Loveita too, but it didn't make sense for me to do that. Loveita wasn't after me, and her being in would have kept me and him safer, since Russ woulda lost Yve. Whatever though, my point is that Stephanie played all those cards with me. She blamed voting Joaquin on everything but actually owning the vote legit. At one point too she was bitching about how Russell should have just voted him over "Making" her do it, it was cringy as fuck. I even accused her of giving me shit like that because of who I am. I figured she'd be scared of my wrath and didn't wanna deal with a pissed off Bz. Then I came back later in the morning and I was just fake with her after that, because I was over it.

Same shit with Russell, I think his pussying out is stupid and insulting. I still respect his manipulation shit the most, since he does have Steph/Yve on a leash and basically plays shit off and Kim/Cass really think the jury hates him, lol But I think he's playing the best game in terms of getting himself to the end with a legit chance of winning. ((Cass I will vote for on social play, and being able to get away with her devilish shit with an angel's face, because even when I was against her, she's still charming as fuck, it's sick in a good way.)) Even if she is kind of boring in Tribals and shit. ((Loved Poodz' shade at her that other night <3))

But yeah, my point about Russ is I just have a hard time respecting the transparent shit. On one hand, I despise being the trophy kill especially when it's at 7, 6, 5, 4, because people who claim they made a #bigmove to kill you when it's late game are like reaching. But at least those peeps vote you. The fact that Russell decided to get Joaquin and I booted without actually doing and it's clear as day is just gross on a personal level. At least respect me enough to vote my ass out. The last time I hated something like this was in All Stars that Melinda won. I co-hosted and half hosted a ton of rounds in that during Poodz' clubbing phase~ like 10 years ago or some shit. And Teresa ((Aras)) kept not voting when her allies left and it was like grow a fucking pair and make the move.

Anyways, that's about that. I needed to get that shit off my chest. I doubt it matters to anyone save for Joaquin, because he had to go through it too with Russell the other day. I am not saying either of them should not win because of this, I just wanna see what Steph says in FTC, like if she claims another story or how she planned on doing Joaq and doesn't say Russell made her, or she was just voting majority like she did with me. And tries to spin it like she was just placating me, I legit will not bee voting her, because I don't think she had to go that far.
Cassandra liked this

Catalie

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Catalie
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Now to talk about the stuff Melinda said here. I want to state for the record I didn't play this game based on past relationships either. I mean, yes, I was close to Stephanie in this and she plays for me and we've played together. But legit we've only been number ones in anon games ONCE. I was aligned with her and trusted her because we were together this entire game. But my heart and game at merge belonged to Joaquin. And I didn't know him before this, I played like 2-3 rounds in Revenge and he co-hosted it? And I didn't tell him every little thing, but I woulda did anything for him. Still hate myself for voting him when Tammy left, but like I really did think he was leaving and I didn't want to have to hurt Tammy if Joaq was just dying anyway. "/

Also, love Tammy and I was wanting to work with her because she was with the boys too, and I lowkey never cared about Kim and wanted to kill her so Tammy could just stick with us and not have to play the sides, lol

Now with Melinda, I know we have different styles of game play. And I love you very much too and do appreciate that we got to play in this together, I would have legit went as far with you as I could. And trust me, I knew you were telling me everything and I totally trusted you. And I did try to protect you when people were thinking you did shit and you were being sketchy about never voting,lol I didn't spill anything else you ever said. Besides the thing to Joaquin. And I ONLY did that because it became pretty clear you were testing me to see if he had that item ((Which I did know about.)) and I was like wtf why would he tell Penner?! And why is she wanting to know, and like I'm not stupid, you were posturing to blindside him. And I wasn't gonna let that happen. So when he said he was gonna confront Penner, I didn't even stop it. Since it would help and it did blow shit up, I'm sorry it ruined your game and everything. But like I told you that day, you were going to blindside me and take out someone I was hella close to.

I didn't play this game with some herd mentality or any shit you said, do I play with my alliance to the end? Fuck yes, I do. It's how you make the end. And you saw how you just played Beevivor, I know you keep saying you trolled, but girl.. you legit tried to go to final 5 with your original tribe, because it made sense. For me it depends on the game. But like don't sit here and say I play in some shitty way or whatever. Because I don't, I am always a huge character/threat and I can't be UTR and I tried hard here, but it didn't work out either, lol But the only difference in your playstyle and mine in THIS game. Was that you were being shady and sketchy. Like when I voted Cass and Joaquin, I literally admitted it right away. I didn't tell people blatant lies and come off sketchy and shady lol

I am all for making moves and doing shit, I've gone to rocks hella times, I have made big moves people didn't expect in tons of games. I do what I want in games. You haven't played with me since 2009/2010, so like lol And that was my first and second year of gaming.

Anyways, I really didn't let past connections dictate my game here, I would have killed anyone I had to for Joaquin, and again, barely knew him before this.

Some of this is all over the place, but I gotta smoke again and sleep. I'll talk more coherently about actual game shit eventually.

Catalie

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Catalie wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44:12 am Now to talk about the stuff Melinda said here. I want to state for the record I didn't play this game based on past relationships either. I mean, yes, I was close to Stephanie in this and she plays for me and we've played together. But legit we've only been number ones in anon games ONCE. I was aligned with her and trusted her because we were together this entire game. But my heart and game at merge belonged to Joaquin. And I didn't know him before this, I played like 2-3 rounds in Revenge and he co-hosted it? And I didn't tell him every little thing, but I woulda did anything for him. Still hate myself for voting him when Tammy left, but like I really did think he was leaving and I didn't want to have to hurt Tammy if Joaq was just dying anyway. "/

Also, love Tammy and I was wanting to work with her because she was with the boys too, and I lowkey never cared about Kim and wanted to kill her so Tammy could just stick with us and not have to play the sides, lol

Now with Melinda, I know we have different styles of game play. And I love you very much too and do appreciate that we got to play in this together, I would have legit went as far with you as I could. And trust me, I knew you were telling me everything and I totally trusted you. And I did try to protect you when people were thinking you did shit and you were being sketchy about never voting,lol I didn't spill anything else you ever said. Besides the thing to Joaquin. And I ONLY did that because it became pretty clear you were testing me to see if he had that item ((Which I did know about.)) and I was like wtf why would he tell Penner?! And why is she wanting to know, and like I'm not stupid, you were posturing to blindside him. And I wasn't gonna let that happen. So when he said he was gonna confront Penner, I didn't even stop it. Since it would help and it did blow shit up, I'm sorry it ruined your game and everything. But like I told you that day, you were going to blindside me and take out someone I was hella close to.

I didn't play this game with some herd mentality or any shit you said, do I play with my alliance to the end? Fuck yes, I do. It's how you make the end. And you saw how you just played Beevivor, I know you keep saying you trolled, but girl.. you legit tried to go to final 5 with your original tribe, because it made sense. For me it depends on the game. But like don't sit here and say I play in some shitty way or whatever. Because I don't, I am always a huge character/threat and I can't be UTR and I tried hard here, but it didn't work out either, lol But the only difference in your playstyle and mine in THIS game. Was that you were being shady and sketchy. Like when I voted Cass and Joaquin, I literally admitted it right away. I didn't tell people blatant lies and come off sketchy and shady lol

I am all for making moves and doing shit, I've gone to rocks hella times, I have made big moves people didn't expect in tons of games. I do what I want in games. You haven't played with me since 2009/2010, so like lol And that was my first and second year of gaming.

Anyways, I really didn't let past connections dictate my game here, I would have killed anyone I had to for Joaquin, and again, barely knew him before this.

Some of this is all over the place, but I gotta smoke again and sleep. I'll talk more coherently about actual game shit eventually.
Thank you for addressing this I adore you <3 I apologize for anything bad I said in the aftermath of that. I could have totally recovered from that but I was having a tough week irl and it actually ended up setting me up to just tank my own game which I totally didn't have to do but I think it was probably for the best because I would have had another week of shitty productivity. So it really all ended up perfectly. Hoping Cass can pull this off, otherwise Yve or Russell are both cuties so I'd vote for one of them.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Melinda
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Though now that I am finding out Stephanie would have likely gone and not me had I not pulled that shit... I'm kinda mad at myself because likely a lot of the epic people that are on the jury right now would still be in. So yeah sorry about that everyone. I figured people wouldn't take it seriously and still just boot whoever they were wanting to boot.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Cat, you were fucking amazing. I didn't expect you would want to play with me, given that you probably knew everyone but me beforehand, but you are the exact kind of player i LOVE playing with this in these and it's more fun anyway (austranded aside for me since i decided to be more utr without my baggage, but casey is kinda that person too?). I really think this season would have been god-tier had you not been the only person who bought into my big threats thing (sorry i keep harping on this, this is where i will be a salty hoe)

when i referenced that i may have hosted you like 6 years ago...did you ever have a reddit account and play games under it under the name bzilla? i always assumed it was you, but if it was some dude who just happened to have the same name...well fuck

regardless of all his pussy shit i will still vote russ over anyone besides Cass

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
To add on here, yeah, I had been planning to vote Joaq with Melinda once she thought that was going through, though that plan changed like 5 times that day where I was just kind of letting Melinda decide if she really wanted to pull that trigger. But during TC I changed my vote to Stephanie, because I thought Melinda was sinking herself, and after Penner told me the vote was actually Stephanie over Joaquin I knew using my idol on Melinda would have been pointless. Joaquin stealing my vote actually hid the fact I'd been willing to go for Stephanie and from that point on I considered her my closest ally.

After being completely left out of the planning of votes twice in a row, it was hard for me to think of myself as a big threat and take Joaquin's discussion seriously. I felt like I'd just been punked by some combinations of Joaquin, Catalie, Cassandra, and Penner twice in a row. And at that point I really was having trouble seeing my path to the end, so I just figured I'd try to Hail Mary it and go for a Penner/Joaq double whammy. I knew that even if I succeeded I'd have a hard time getting to the end, but I wanted to go out swinging and having a good time rather than playing it safe.

But back to now, I'm disappointed to hear how Steph's been handling stuff because I want to be able to root for her. I want Russell to convince me I can feel good about voting for him and not slimy. But Cass has almost locked my vote at this point if she's there.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Val wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49:49 pm LMAO! YES, eat shit, F4! Enjoy your endurance challenge! Wow, my schadenfreude has peaked, now!
I read the challenge and cackled.
Val liked this

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom