By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Gotta take a break from this for a while because I have been 100% "on" mentally since round 1, but I'm just gonna cast my ballot for Kim, since I'm a bit heartbroken over how little attention she's getting here. I think she screwed up taking out Cat over Steph last round (and even more so trying to get me out without even asking when the idol expired), but otherwise--and even through F5--she was with me every step of the way since the swap, when she overtook Penner and Cochran as my closest ally. I know if the Scooby-Doo tactic applies to anyone it's her (at least that's the impression I get reading this thread), but every round she and I would hash out strategy for hours. We played pretty much the same game, she was just better at keeping it hidden. And I'm not oblivious to the fact that I turned into her shield the second Tammy got voted out. In my mind she was always set up better than I was.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31:56 pm Gotta take a break from this for a while because I have been 100% "on" mentally since round 1, but I'm just gonna cast my ballot for Kim, since I'm a bit heartbroken over how little attention she's getting here. I think she screwed up taking out Cat over Steph last round (and even more so trying to get me out without even asking when the idol expired), but otherwise--and even through F5--she was with me every step of the way since the swap, when she overtook Penner and Cochran as my closest ally. I know if the Scooby-Doo tactic applies to anyone it's her (at least that's the impression I get reading this thread), but every round she and I would hash out strategy for hours. We played pretty much the same game, she was just better at keeping it hidden. And I'm not oblivious to the fact that I turned into her shield the second Tammy got voted out. In my mind she was always set up better than I was.
That's nice for you but she sucked ass with the rest of us so mostly we don't give a fuck about her. But if she wows me in her FTC, sure... just based on our interactions in the game, I'll be surprised if she can make me want to vote for her over people like Yve, Russell, or Steph who were all at least somewhat pleasurable to interact with.
Catalie liked this

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Yeah, certainly not gonna fight against your perceptions of her if she wasn't putting in the work to all of you. Her social game was always great with me, but I can see if she came across as gamebotty? If she did anything super shitty or damning, I'd like to know as well.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Joaquin
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:00:08 pm Yeah, certainly not gonna fight against your perceptions of her if she wasn't putting in the work to all of you. Her social game was always great with me, but I can see if she came across as gamebotty? If she did anything super shitty or damning, I'd like to know as well.
it's not being gamebotty and boring (that's steph), at least with me, the entire game she was either blowing smoke up my ass or blatantly lying. i didn't get to know her as a person OR understand her thought process at all. and just because i didn't meet her until the merge doesn't meet anything, i thought i learned so much more about how you were playing than she did. it's impossible for me to want to vote for someone who i couldn't connect with or understand their thought process at all during the game.

additionally, at one point she told me she just wanted to get to the end and she thought she could out-argue anyone else at the end. i mean, that could have been BS, but it just came off so incredibly self-unaware (as evidenced by everyone else here's feelings)

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Appreciate the explanation. I want to believe she knew what she was doing and I wasn't just projecting that onto her. Judging from our chats she's incredibly articulate (and in law school) so I'm hoping she can fend for herself at this FTC, but I agree what she told you there is concerning if it wasn't BS.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:34:18 pm Appreciate the explanation. I want to believe she knew what she was doing and I wasn't just projecting that onto her. Judging from our chats she's incredibly articulate (and in law school) so I'm hoping she can fend for herself at this FTC, but I agree what she told you there is concerning if it wasn't BS.
I'm curious what you think would have happened had nuMunin lost? My guess is our 4 votes were gonna go on Kim but I need to verify that with Cristina...

Were your 4 votes solid? And who do you think they were gonna go on? That would have been epic haha.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Cassandra
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:49:47 pm
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:34:18 pm Appreciate the explanation. I want to believe she knew what she was doing and I wasn't just projecting that onto her. Judging from our chats she's incredibly articulate (and in law school) so I'm hoping she can fend for herself at this FTC, but I agree what she told you there is concerning if it wasn't BS.
I'm curious what you think would have happened had nuMunin lost? My guess is our 4 votes were gonna go on Kim but I need to verify that with Cristina...

Were your 4 votes solid? And who do you think they were gonna go on? That would have been epic haha.
I was actually going to try to do this thing where I subtly get the target on Penner and then vote for whichever of you/Love we decided on (with a confessional style I used on Fenrir as a watermark) and then throw the extra vote on Penner so I could get him out with plausible deniability and plant seeds in you/Love's/Cristina's heads that one of you had an extra vote and didn't tell each other. But I was also worried that one of you would have your own extra vote which would fuck things up and might have gotten cold feet. I didn't believe Cristina would flip based on my talks with her.

Cassandra

• Jury
By Cassandra
Otherwise, we hadn't talked at all about a target, but it wouldn't have been Cristina because of Kim's connection with her. But I think we three would have voted together so long as Kim kept thinking Cristina would flip.

Cassandra

• Jury
By Jeff
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31:56 pmwhen she overtook Penner and Cochran as my closest ally
bitch

I also thought Kim had a very strong mind for the game in my interactions with her, especially pre-merge when we'd exchange mountains of strategy talk IMs. But post-merge I feel like she just kinda got lost (probably by design?). If she can articulate her game, I'd be glad to give her my vote.

I feel like the bar is so low for me that I can easily be swayed by a convincing FTC performance by anyone. Although I do kind of enjoy the idea of Yve cockroaching through the game and taking it.
Melinda liked this

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54:21 pm Otherwise, we hadn't talked at all about a target, but it wouldn't have been Cristina because of Kim's connection with her. But I think we three would have voted together so long as Kim kept thinking Cristina would flip.
Yeah I think most likely our 4 votes were going on Kim but I am curious what Cristina's opinion is of this... I was prepared to vote for Penner too as much as I didn't want to because I adored him, but I assumed you were most likely to have the idol so I was thinking we'd make you the decoy boot and possibly vote Penner cuz I thought he was least likely to get an idol played on him... Ahh I guess we will never know but that would have been an epic tribal... could have been 4-3-1 if you threw that extra vote on Penner, or if you didn't we could have been headed for 4-4 with the possibility of rocks.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Lol @ Steph being 4000 posts ahead of everyone else. Obviously with the time zone she's been up and will go to bed soon. But wonder if that's enough mentally to weed out at least some of the others

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Joaquin wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:39:37 am Lol @ Steph being 4000 posts ahead of everyone else. Obviously with the time zone she's been up and will go to bed soon. But wonder if that's enough mentally to weed out at least some of the others
I bet if she won't sleep and just power her way through it... Have a feeling Russell is fucked.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Looks like Yve and Kim have given up. Russ has 2.5 hrs to make up...more than double his current post total. He should stop too, honestly. Steph too dedicated on this one.

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jeff
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
The only thing keeping me from being fully in favor of Yve winning is feeling a little guilty that Stephanie just spent hours and hours doing nothing but typing numbers on her computer screen
Cassandra liked this

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Kim
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
I will say this, if you guys wanna vote for Stephanie, that's fine, but please, don't feel like you owe it to her because she had the luxury of having no obligations and being able to sit at her computer for 22 hours and spam numbers. She was perfectly set up to win that one. Because of the time difference, when the challenge started, she had just woken up from a full night's rest, whereas me/Russ/Yve were in a position where we were all getting ready for bed lol. And the 25th is a national holiday in Australia, so she was given the Friday off from work too.

Just food for thought. I *tried* to win that one, I just knew at some point, it was better for me to just stop at a number I was comfortable with, and just hope and pray that Stephanie made a mistake that she didn't catch along the way.
Joaquin, Cassandra, Jeff and 1 others liked this

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
I definitely agree that it favored her time zone and she'd be able to stay up super late because it's now her Saturday morning.

At any rate, winning the F4 challenge doesn't get anyone my vote. I am going to be very interested in everyone's questions and answers though.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Cristina
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Melinda wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:06:13 am
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54:21 pm Otherwise, we hadn't talked at all about a target, but it wouldn't have been Cristina because of Kim's connection with her. But I think we three would have voted together so long as Kim kept thinking Cristina would flip.
Yeah I think most likely our 4 votes were going on Kim but I am curious what Cristina's opinion is of this... I was prepared to vote for Penner too as much as I didn't want to because I adored him, but I assumed you were most likely to have the idol so I was thinking we'd make you the decoy boot and possibly vote Penner cuz I thought he was least likely to get an idol played on him... Ahh I guess we will never know but that would have been an epic tribal... could have been 4-3-1 if you threw that extra vote on Penner, or if you didn't we could have been headed for 4-4 with the possibility of rocks.
I honestly wouldn’t have voted for Kim because I thought she would be someone who would have been easier to flip. I would asked that we would have gone for Cass, she was the biggest threat out of her and Penner in my eyes. I wanted to be seen as a potential flipper for the sole reason that it wouldn’t be me if we had a vote that way but like, I told Melinda and Love that I was going to act the flipper.

Cristina

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom