By Danni Boatwright
Me as the votes were coming in:

Congrats on making it to the top 10! Wish we could have seen a deep run, but i guess it wasn't in the cards this season :( Anything you wish you could have done differently? Who do you want to see at the end?

Thanks again for playing!! :fire: :crown:

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Penner
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
I had a lot of fun! I think my only regret is the timing of when I made the move. In hindsight a double tribal is a great time to take out a pair, and Cass/Me are the most obvious pair in the game, which is unavoidable.

I was really out of options though, I think it's better to try play your own game than to wait to be killed off by an alliance you're not a part of.

I met some fab people though, Melinda and Alex in particular have been great <3
Melinda liked this

Penner

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Penner
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
I also wanna say that it's truly a stressful, stressful experience. I'm a very social person so I have struggled in general with the isolation that comes with quarantine. At the beginning it was really fun to be able to meet new people and have that kind of an outlet. It has soured a lot recently though and become more destructive to how I feel emotionally throughout the day. I applaud everyone who is there putting in the work and having these conversations because it's tough. Especially trying to navigate all of the interconnected prior relationships, be they your own relationships or those of other people. All of the interactions you would pick up on in real life - conversations, glances, eye contact - none of that is available in an ORG and you have to constantly quiz people and follow the trail on info to see who's close with whom. And doing all of this at 2am every night is tough!

Big thanks to all of the hosts for organising this and to Poody of course for piloting the ship. I think this is likely my last ORG but it has been a real experience!
Cassandra, Tammy, Val and 2 others liked this

Penner

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Melinda
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Penner wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:21:36 pm I also wanna say that it's truly a stressful, stressful experience. I'm a very social person so I have struggled in general with the isolation that comes with quarantine. At the beginning it was really fun to be able to meet new people and have that kind of an outlet. It has soured a lot recently though and become more destructive to how I feel emotionally throughout the day. I applaud everyone who is there putting in the work and having these conversations because it's tough. Especially trying to navigate all of the interconnected prior relationships, be they your own relationships or those of other people. All of the interactions you would pick up on in real life - conversations, glances, eye contact - none of that is available in an ORG and you have to constantly quiz people and follow the trail on info to see who's close with whom. And doing all of this at 2am every night is tough!

Big thanks to all of the hosts for organising this and to Poody of course for piloting the ship. I think this is likely my last ORG but it has been a real experience!

You're the best <3

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Penner
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Joaquin wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:39:02 am this is the only one i was disappointed by.

man, we could have fucking run the table if you didnt sell out on the big threats thing
Sorry Joaq, I wanted to work with you but you were a complete fortress in terms of strategy. Any time it came to talk about votes you would stonewall me. Didn't trust things after that, sorry to disappoint.

Penner

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Penner wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:14:48 pm
Joaquin wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:39:02 am this is the only one i was disappointed by.

man, we could have fucking run the table if you didnt sell out on the big threats thing
Sorry Joaq, I wanted to work with you but you were a complete fortress in terms of strategy. Any time it came to talk about votes you would stonewall me. Didn't trust things after that, sorry to disappoint.
the first two or so votes after the merge...i totally understand us being cagey with one another. we had just played the game for 1.5 weeks with basically everyone else in the game but each other, it is really hard to just give ultimate trust to someone when you've barely played with them

i was basically banking it would work on ensuring your safety during those two rounds, telling you about the vote steal, and the idea of mutually assured destruction. but guess none of those things were good enough

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Joaquin wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:26:44 pm

the first two or so votes after the merge...i totally understand us being cagey with one another. we had just played the game for 1.5 weeks with basically everyone else in the game but each other, it is really hard to just give ultimate trust to someone when you've barely played with them

i was basically banking it would work on ensuring your safety during those two rounds, telling you about the vote steal, and the idea of mutually assured destruction. but guess none of those things were good enough
Again, Catalie is to blame for this. Her going to you about the vote steal sunk all of our games.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Joaquin
Melinda wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:20:59 pm

Again, Catalie is to blame for this. Her going to you about the vote steal sunk all of our games.
How did that sink my game? you and penner had already decided you were against me, and were planning on voting for me that night. if anything it bought me a few extra days

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Joaquin wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:55:31 pm
Melinda wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:20:59 pm

How did that sink my game? you and penner had already decided you were against me, and were planning on voting for me that night. if anything it bought me a few extra days
Yve would have probably ended up going. I wasn't for sure set on you whatsoever...

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Penner
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Then night Melinda went only Melinda and Loveita were voting for you Joaq. We had all agreed to vote for Steph and changed it live at tribal to Melinda because I specifically still didn't want to vote for you. When you gave me a hard time about telling Melinda about the extra vote despite having also told Cass and possibly Cat (and others potentially) I was sketched out further.
Melinda liked this

Penner

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Joaquin
...when those were the three players I explicitly told you I wanted to work with? how would that not line up with everything I was saying? had i just said "i'm telling those two as well" i doubt you would have magically been on board

who would you have had for a steph vote? me/tammy/russ/yve/cat + vote steal were all voting melinda. you would have needed to have had one of them to make it happen

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Joaquin wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:13:54 am ...when those were the three players I explicitly told you I wanted to work with? how would that not line up with everything I was saying? had i just said "i'm telling those two as well" i doubt you would have magically been on board

who would you have had for a steph vote? me/tammy/russ/yve/cat + vote steal were all voting melinda. you would have needed to have had one of them to make it happen
Were Yve and Cat really voting for me though? Cat I could see... Yve... not so much

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Joaquin
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:46:43 am
Joaquin wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:13:54 am ...when those were the three players I explicitly told you I wanted to work with? how would that not line up with everything I was saying? had i just said "i'm telling those two as well" i doubt you would have magically been on board

Were Yve and Cat really voting for me though? Cat I could see... Yve... not so much
that afternoon, yve literally asked poody if russ and i could vote FOR her (because she felt bad for voting russ the previous round)

Joaquin

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts