By Reem
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Damn, Cass. Since my prayer circles and mist in the past failed me I resorted to sacrifices, clearly that failed me too :sob: Hate to see you here. You played an amazing game.
Cassandra liked this

Reem

• Alumni
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Jeff Probst wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49:18 pm
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:37:36 pm aaaaaaand we have a final 4 of goats.... well played goats, well played
Kinda ironic given your first two seasons and reputation :laugh:
sometimes the goat strategy is a winning one as long as you all stick together... Can't win the game if you don't make the finals... 3-3-1, 3-2-2, then 6-3 but I was there every time with a shot. I probably could've done it a fourth time if I hadn't gone cookoo.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Jeff Probst
Custom Custom Custom Posts
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:52:06 pm
Jeff Probst wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49:18 pm
Melinda wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:37:36 pm aaaaaaand we have a final 4 of goats.... well played goats, well played
Kinda ironic given your first two seasons and reputation :laugh:
sometimes the goat strategy is a winning one as long as you all stick together... Can't win the game if you don't make the finals... 3-3-1, 3-2-2, then 6-3 but I was there every time with a shot. I probably could've done it a fourth time if I hadn't gone cookoo.
redeemed.

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Cassandra
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Posted something in the Ponderosa thread, but thanks all of you for the warm welcomes. Much more snuggly than I could've ever hoped for. Joaq, Cat, Love, I know you may all be thinking "I told you so," but I was pretty close in that last challenge and in my experience being threat #1 at Final 5 is not that bad a position to be in. Love, you're a challenge beast, so there's no guarantee you wouldn't have gotten to the end and overshadowed me after Joaq and Cat left. Plus, I don't think it made sense for Kim to target me or Cat over Steph, so I was expecting to be better positioned at F5. I also didn't know Jeff would be announcing that the idol expired at the F6 tribal and was planning on telling everyone it was the last round myself, then not playing it, then telling them F5 was actually the last round. Gah!

Joaq, I was cognizant of the Big Threats alliance as I threw out names. Like I told you going into the double tribal, my ideal was Russ --> Tammy, but once I started to sense Penner strongarming it I knew my best move was to just sit back. After that, once I knew the votes were there to get you out, I couldn't rock the boat too much.

Melinda, for what it's worth I don't think it was the right move for everyone to vote you unanimously. I also couldn't see why no one was worried that with a person as erratic as you that might actually have been a real idol play. I was the stray vote for Steph, and even though Penner/Kim/Yve did get around to whispering at me by the end I didn't see the point in giving up that contingency if you and Joaq had both played idols (or had them played on you). Also, Kim is not a goat and I will defend her to the end!! I can see the argument for Russ, too, but it's hard for me to come to terms with voting for him because 1) he tried to sabotage my game at the merge round for no apparent reason, and 2) he had been putting a target on his own back since premerge. The "chaos agent" strat only alienated him from, like, all of Fenrir. So if he's going for the underdog story, I'm not buying it. Plus Joaq and Cat are right about his indirectness. A lot of the time his lies are not some kind of clever sleight-of-hand, they're fear-driven and it's transparent. Still, Steph would really have to put in work proving that she somehow knew she was in this solid a position early on to get my vote, because in my eyes she was positioned by circumstance, not her own doing. And Yve has no coherent strategy, she's not getting the "sweetheart" sympathy vote from me.

ANYWAY, Val, I'm really glad you confronted me about our troubled past when you did, because taking the time to work through that was one of the most human moments I had this game and I felt like after that band-aid was ripped off I was able to realize why Poody considered you such an amazing social player. I hope you know that whatever I said about Allies to Alex was like throwing breadcrumbs to the pigeons because he was on the outs and I couldn't broach in-game strategy with him in too much detail, but I liked him and wanted him to feel like he had some personalized info from me.

Jeff, I remember you saying at the first or second tribal council that you were shy, and because of that I was unable to figure you out in the premerge (despite being 100% on board with the Core Four). But after the merge hit, you were the funniest fucking guy I've ever played with, and an amazing ally to have. Wish we could've played together longer and raised hell <3

Everyone else, I'll get to you, just addressing the posts in this thread for now. Thanks for making these past few weeks so entertaining~
Loveita, Val liked this

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Cassandra wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55:45 pm

Melinda, for what it's worth I don't think it was the right move for everyone to vote you unanimously. I also couldn't see why no one was worried that with a person as erratic as you that might actually have been a real idol play. I was the stray vote for Steph, and even though Penner/Kim/Yve did get around to whispering at me by the end I didn't see the point in giving up that contingency if you and Joaq had both played idols (or had them played on you). Also, Kim is not a goat and I will defend her to the end!! I can see the argument for Russ, too, but it's hard for me to come to terms with voting for him because 1) he tried to sabotage my game at the merge round for no apparent reason, and 2) he had been putting a target on his own back since premerge. The "chaos agent" strat only alienated him from, like, all of Fenrir. So if he's going for the underdog story, I'm not buying it. Plus Joaq and Cat are right about his indirectness. A lot of the time his lies are not some kind of clever sleight-of-hand, they're fear-driven and it's transparent. Still, Steph would really have to put in work proving that she somehow knew she was in this solid a position early on to get my vote, because in my eyes she was positioned by circumstance, not her own doing. And Yve has no coherent strategy, she's not getting the "sweetheart" sympathy vote from me.
THANK YOU for doing the smart thing lol... I wasn't so mad about being voted out because it was the risk I took in doing that shit, and it was a huge risk... but I was really disappointed in a season of all winners that there weren't more stray votes... I truly don't think voting for me was what was the best most for anyone besides Tammy/Russ/Joaquin... Obviously for the top 4 who are still there it ended up working out in their favor, but I was just pretty stunned and I was like... whoever voted for Stephanie is getting my vote to win because they made an intelligent move.

Regarding Kim, I do agree of all four of them left she played the most clean strategic game. Aside from nuMunin and possibly the first merge round when I was hardcore gunning for her to go, she was never in danger. I see major flaws in all three of the other's strategic games... Russell playing the idol pre-swap, being a target a lot at the beginning of the merge. Yve being a target for a lot of the merge and then turning into a perceived goat making her endgame easier (though I fee like all 4 of them had an easy pathway to endgame as soon as Penner got the boot and Loveita/Joaq/Cat were so obviously the threats), Stephanie's inability to make great inroads with the Fenrir and just being kinda dull overall...

But Kim was also dull. Like, if I am going to vote for a winner I wanna be WOWED. Gamebottyness is great, and I respect the gameplay of Kim because it's a low risk type of game that reliably works... I've played that game many times and have had success with it. Go to the end with the perceived weakest people and be just a little less weak than they are. But this is also a social game. I had some amazing connections with Loveita, Penner, Val, Cristina, Joaquin, Cass.... I spent more time in this game with Kim than anyone that's left, yet I feel more of a connection with the other three, especially Russell and Yve. When having conversations with Kim, while I understand that she was being careful with me because it was a low risk strategy, it always occurred to me that I was having to be the one driving the conversation towards substance. And I can have respect for that she was often "playing dumb" but for me it was so transparent.

So that's what my thoughts are about Kim. I'm sure for you as her close ally it was different because she was willing to open up to you. But while I respect a clean game, I also respect a messy, entertaining game from a person that I can tell has a heart. What Yve/Russell may lack in strategic prowess, they make up for in the personality department. For me, Kim's personality never really shined through and she had plenty of time for that to come through with me and it just didn't.
Cassandra liked this

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom