-- 5th Place - 10th Juror - Voted Out 4-1 --
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
Danni Boatwright wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34:03 pm The merge is in sight: lets fucking go! icon_clap2

What the hell are you going to do if you lose tomorrow?
I want to say we'll be fine tomorrow, like everyone else seems to think, but the last two challenges were really not a good taste of the other two tribes' challenge prowess. I think we communicated well with each other, but that was all prep. I don't know how we'll do in a live setting. Melinda especially I'm hoping won't perform, because we had to explain things more than once to her on a few occasions.

Speaking of Melinda, what is going on there? She ignores half the shit I say, forgets where I live, feeds me a bunch of non-statements like "yes we have a 2 in 3 chance of winning immunity," and then all of a sudden logs in stoned and showers me with love? It was like my anime-obsessed college roommate who told me "Cass...we gotta go to Japan together sometime...." every time he got drunk. Here are some choice excerpts from the most recent 10 minutes of our chat:

Melinda wrote:Cass we gotta work together haha
Melinda wrote:I learned a lot hunting for the idol... wish I would have figured out the clue lol
Melinda wrote:omg I love you
Melinda wrote:We need to get to the merge together
Melinda wrote:haha yesss :heart: i stepped back in before bed. maybe find that idol hahahaha yeah right
I don't know what's weirder, her sudden affection and loyalty to me or the random interspersion of idol talk. Normally I'd read as far into this as possible but in Melinda's case I really do believe she just got stoned and lost her filter. I imagine her idol hunt as a completely surreal journey into the void of hyperlinkspace as images of Ragnarök and Jörmungandr fly in a whirlwind around her.

But hey, if she wants to work with me I don't care about whatever amorous passion is the cause. Earlier, in a more sober state, she implied that she'd like all six of Munin 2.0 to stick together into the merge. I got a similar, albeit much more articulate, message from Loveita suggesting the same thing. Obviously I just nodded along, because what is the alternative? Especially considering Aubry's and Cochran's boots have just ramped up the threat of a Pagonging. Cristina, meanwhile, spilled all the beans/tea to me about the real dynamics over at Munin 1.0--Loveita/Melinda/Cat/Steph/Joaquin running the show, Russell the next in line to go (especially after wasting an idol), she and Courtney as the swings--all that jazz. I'm taking this all with a grain of salt, however, as I'm guessing she only told me it to inspire some low-risk trust, figuring Kim or someone at the merge would be telling me anyway. I fed her some tripe about Aubry being next in line (the easiest piece of pseudo-substantial information I've ever had to give) and later (after his boot) some shit about Cochran being the de facto ringleader over on Fenrir 1.0. I gave all that info to Love/Melinda too, but just sprinkled in, not so ceremoniously. Anyway I don't know if it was because she was still terrified to be in the gaze of Love/Melinda but Cristina arrived at the same conclusion that the Munin 2.0 sixsome should stick together.

I'm not going to speculate or comment on the implications of Cochran's boot. I'm just going to drop this here.
Cassandra wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42:06 am He's playing exactly the same as he did in Revenge so I'm expecting him to go right before the merge.

Last few disparate thoughts before I call it a night:

• Penner's reallllly been sinking his activity level. Which, I get it, ya got #1 in that challenge. But we also just won two immunities in a row and have more than 50% odds to win the next one. Maybe stay up a bit to make nice?
  • Due to Penner's trash activity--and I reckon even when he is here I get the bulk of his messages--I'm almost certain that I'm closer to Kim than he is. Remember when I said I'd keep my distance on Fenrir so that the Ziggy boot would come across as impersonal and after a tribe swap we could actually get to know each other? No? Well, I said that. Pretty cool, huh?
  • Loveita is far and away the best player on this tribe, and it's obvious to me why she was running shit on original Munin. Probably good to keep around as a shield for just a wee bit longer.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts