-- 5th Place - 10th Juror - Voted Out 4-1 --
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Danni Boatwright wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01:05 pm icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos icon_chaos

What the hell happened tonight?

walk us through the leadup to tribal. How did your plan come together? who was being honest with you?
I just want to thank all of you in advance for your generous nomination for Fan Favorite, complete with a cash prize of $300. It was not an easy path but it was the path I chose--or I suppose it’s more accurate to say that path chose me. I can’t wait to compound the prize money with my $200 in winnings at the end of this game.

So, look, I know I play it real cool, and I’m sure you’re all wondering how I kept it together through that whole clusterfuck. The truth is I didn’t I was going fucking insane that was the craziest shit I’ve ever been a part of in all four seasons jesus CHRIST. So what happened is, uh...7 votes Val.......uh.............I’m still in shock really, I have no idea how to explain this. Let’s, uh, let’s see.

You’ll remember that last I wrote I was peddling the “OG tribal lines” narrative a bit more than I had to because 1) Munin clearly had some sort of armored core and 2) assuming that was true I wanted to be sure they associated Tammy with OG Fenrir and essentially blacklisted her. I recall to a few people I more explicitly said it had seemed like they made up, and I’m sure my mediator “duh i can see both sides of the jormungand thing” shtick helped some too. Anyway I think it worked because Tammy was getting absolutely nothing from them. Which was great, because with 8 OG Munin and 6 OG Fenrir she was the only one they needed to be able to split the votes (5-5-4). At the same time, with Jeff having won immunity, it was very clear no one was comfortable crossing tribal lines to pitch someone else to split the vote on. Underlying all of this shit was a ton of idol speculation, mostly about the OG Fenrir idol (which I’m honestly starting to think Aubry scooped up and kept as a consolation prize on her way out), made worse by Russell claiming that his only lasted three rounds (meaning me/Penner/Kim MUST have it and MUST be using it this round!). I honestly still don’t know if that was bullshit or not but it worked to our advantage because with Yve as the obvious vote and one of us as a clear candidate for a vote split victim, we were able to lock Tammy in tight and essentially fucking filibuster a vote split. At some point Melinda even told me the consensus was that I was playing aggressively because I clearly had an idol. Which obviously encouraged me to opt toward the gas over the brakes and play that shit up even further. The best part is, they were so paranoid that I could deny it as vehemently as possible and they’d still be convinced I was lying--which meant I could capitalize on the speculation and then after the vote go, “See, I was completely honest with you fuckers, in that and in everything else.”

Meanwhile I’d of course been courting Cristina ever since the swap and she had outright told me that she’d flip this round if I could get someone else on board. Seeing as Russell had come out of the pleasantries guns blazing with his self-branding as “amenable” and “WILLING TO FLIP” as long as he wasn’t the only one, he was the obvious go-to. Somewhere along the way, though, it became clear to us that Russell was leaking all the shit I was telling him and maybe a little more than that. I heard shit from Melinda, I heard shit from Cristina, I got a bitchy cryptic message from Joaquin, and I even got secondhand utterances from Catalie. This all should have worried me greatly, and it did, but I also couldn’t help relishing in the reliability of my network that even someone like Melinda, who had been stonewalling me, believed in our bond strong enough to tip me off. Not to mention how, amidst all this chaos, when everyone was so convinced I had not one but TWO idols, no one ever (really) considered making an overt move on me to flush it.

So here we were, a “tight” six, banded together by some nebulous magnetism that no one could really get a make on, not really sure where to go from here and not even entirely sure if we can trust each other. Finally the paranoia peaks and the most gripping fear common among all of us is that OG Munin is using Yve as a decoy boot to lure in our 6 boots so they can pile their 8 onto one of us and basically split the vote without even asking us. Sounds like a great plan to me, and it’d be cool if Munin had actually thought of that. Luckily by that point tribal lines were so cemented and paranoia so rampant that OG Munin, caught up in their own chaos, were sending shorter and shorter answers to us. The whole time they were being honest in saying they were only voting Yve--and I was also making sure of that by saying shit like “even if we did have an idol i don’t think any of us would want to waste it on yve of all people”--but none of the OG Fenrir could really trust in it. The vote split was so filibustered yet so necessary in the event of an idol that OG Munin was blowing more sparks than a robot who you asked to divide by -1. Somewhere in the last maybe ten minutes, I filled all of OG Fenrir in on the extra vote, which would give us 7, and sicced Kim on Cristina to see if it was enough to make her flip. Tammy threw out Val/Love/Melinda. Kim and I vetoed the latter two. I messaged Jeff, Penner, and Yve to vote Val. Kim comes back saying Cristina wouldn’t vote Val with us but would throw a vote Russ’s way. I tell Russ to vote Cristina to try to make it a 7-6-1. IMs go off and tribal starts. Whispering shit. I don’t know what the fuck happened but somehow Cat got so swept up in the whispering drama that she switched her vote from Yve to me. Penner apparently clued Val into the vote seconds before tribal to get her to vote Russ (also for damage control, I’m no dummy). I whisper to Tammy that the plan is still on. Penner whispers some shit to Yve and Jeff. Yve sends shit to Jeff, Love, and Melinda?! Apparently Melinda misses the window to vote but a second extra vote is played anyway. Votes finally come the fuck in and it’s 7-6-1-1. Bye bye, Denver diva.

Danni Boatwright wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01:05 pm How do you move forward from here?
As soon as the vote ended it was like I had tripped into the school bully and accidentally taken him out and suddenly everyone is all “wow cass i never knew you were so cool!” Penner “hooks me up” with Catalie, Love tells me she “liked my moves out there,” Joaquin is back to banter, and Melinda makes an awkward nudge about “no hard feelings.” I’m sure absolutely none of this has to do with the fact that there was that stray vote for Russell that none of them can pin which would give us the numbers advantage for this round if that person was in cahoots with us and has everything to do with my charming demeanor and rugged good looks. I still don’t even know if the Russ vote was from Cristina or Val (Russ is convinced it’s not Val) but I’m still pumping the narrative that it was Val so that we have a mole in Cristina.

I honestly don’t remember which parts of what I’m was accused to have said last round are bullshit and which ones I actually did say. It doesn’t really matter because I only told it to Russell and even if it’s all true I can now gaslight the rest of the tribe into seeing him as an agent of chaos. Which seems to have already started happening, with Cat and Love seeing things my way.

Past that, Love has chalked this whole thing up to everyone on Munin 2.0 just being “too successful” in downplaying our solid 6. I was able to tell her and Melinda how Kim and I vetoed their names when they were brought up and we defaulted to Val because of it. With Cat and Steph, I pulled the same shit that I did with Kim on OG Fenrir where I kept my distance so that this boot wouldn’t come across as personal, so I think both of those are recoverable relationships. In fact, if that “school bully” metaphor rings true, Cat is like the hottest cheerleader who asks me out on a date right in the middle of the cafeteria. Joaquin ghosted me so I don’t owe him any explanation. I had plausible deniability out the wazoo, and I don’t even think this made me any bigger a threat than I already was because the two-idol ghost story was propping me up as is. Basically, if I’m already a shield, might as well play like one.
Reem, Gary Hogeboom liked this

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom