-- 5th Place - 10th Juror - Voted Out 4-1 --
By Gary Hogeboom
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
12 people left, that's one for every month of the year!

1. On paper this looked like a much simpler vote than the last one. The Valentine tribe seems split in 2, Are these old lines or has a new majority formed? Do you expect similar voting blocks next round?
2. Were you surprised at all by Jeff's departure? Tell us why Jeff going was good for your game. If it wasn't, what's your plan to pivot going forward?
3. It seems like idols are having an effect on every tribal without even coming out. How can you maintain control over votes without knowing the location of idols and advantages? What do you know for sure about what people have up their sleeve?

uhhh, Danni usually puts some corny emojis in these so here: :bird: :grief:

Gary Hogeboom

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Cassandra
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Gary Hogeboom wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08:19 pm 12 people left, that's one for every month of the year!
Or one for every note in a chromatic scale! :crine: :rofl: :laugh: :clap: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Gary Hogeboom wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08:19 pm1. On paper this looked like a much simpler vote than the last one. The Valentine tribe seems split in 2, Are these old lines or has a new majority formed? Do you expect similar voting blocks next round?
H-haha, wait...what’s that? You’re revoking the nomination for fan favorite? C’mon, guys...it’s...it’s only one vote! I’ll get back in it! I promise!! ....what happened to me.........

Well, I’m sure you were all following but here’s the recap: “Hey, Love, here’s a quote from Russell saying he wanted to vote for you this round. Oh, you...don’t care? Okay, that’s cool....Hey, Cristina, here’s that same quote wherein he also says he wants to vote for you and implicates you for leaking information to him. Huh? You “told Munin you were voting with them ;)”? Hm, well that’s all well and good but what are you actually doing? I’m not sure what to glean from that winky face. Oh okay, so you actually were just voting with them. That’s fine. Oh, what’s that? Your vote was stolen? By an OG Munin? After you said you were voting with them? Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for being there for us, Cristy.”

I’m fucking over Cristina, I’m fucking over Russell, and y’know what you can throw Loveita in the mix as well. Tammy also voted with them, and gave me a nice little backstory about how Cristina was being noncommittal and then outright said she wasn’t doing it, but I’m sure the real issue was her buttbuddy Joaq’s cock shoved up his buttbuddy Russ’s russhole. Maybe it was naive to ever target Russ in the first place, but he gave me legitimate ammo and I had “plausible deniability out the wazoo,” as I said before. I’m not too sure none of it stuck, though. Love is probably at least a little more wary of him now, and at the very least it was a justifiable play; even Russell was none too upset about it. Better, I think, than if I had gone for anyone else and severed a communication somewhere or other entirely.

Gary Hogeboom wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08:19 pm2. Were you surprised at all by Jeff's departure? Tell us why Jeff going was good for your game. If it wasn't, what's your plan to pivot going forward?
Not really, since it seemed Yve and Tammy somehow wiggled his name out of everyone. But the 8-5 breakdown wasn’t fun. The good news is that, in “their” eyes, he was just auxiliary enough to Fenrir that I think there’s some truth to the push to keep the biggest threats in the game for a while. Plus he was amazing at challenges and lord knows I needed a boost there. Hey, Poody, maybe next round you can do that “hand on the pole”-style challenge so my talentless NEET self can finally win one. I feel like the last thing I may have said about him in here was the “scared old chihuahua” thing but almost immediately after the merge he became one of my favorite people to talk to. Extremely funny guy, loyal to the core, and smart about gameplay. If, say, Yve had gone this round in his place, with the same vote breakdown, I feel like he’d have been ready, and competent enough, to raise some hell with me. RIP to a legend and an indisputable jury vote in my direction if I can somehow scrap my way to the end.

Speaking of “scrapping my way to the end,” I feel like this may be the only time I’ve played where I ended up in a minority alliance, or a “scrambling” position. It’s just as fun as I was hoping. Now I just hope people don’t see it as me having “buried myself” and having to fight my way back up. I sort of doubt they will since OG tribal lines were still so at play when the merge hit and I was almost immediately the victim of overblown idol paranoia. As of now, though, the only one who seems to be buying what I’m selling is Melinda. I had a nice heart-to-heart with her tonight where I gave her the Russell quote re: wanting Love gone, and she felt so out of the loop at not having heard about it before tribal that she semi-poured her guts out to me. Told me all about how she didn’t think she was anyone’s post-tribal go-to chat, how she suspected some deep state shit (which I fed by saying I didn’t expect Russell to be so protected (she was stoned, by the way, so I leaned into the paranoia angle hard)), and how she didn’t trust Cristina at all. In fact she was so anti-Cristina that she felt like she couldn’t trust Kim either. I think Kim was pretty honest with me in her rant after tribal, considering how passionately scathing some of the shit she said about Cristina was. So I told Melinda I felt good about Kim since she voted for Russ and bitched about Cristina to me. And for added measure I told her how Cristina was saying she would flip allllllllll the way back on Munin 2.0, at which Melinda’s drug-addled mind slowly turned its gears to land upon the conclusion that...she would’ve gone home!

I caught Loveita on her “way to bed” too (when do I not), and said some more vague stuff about how I wasn’t sure if Cristina was committed to the Munin 2.0 thing. Since Melinda feels left out I’m going to make her feel like she’s special for having all the anti-Cristina info right now. Hopefully she logs in tomorrow, sees throughout the day that none of the shit she told me went anywhere but my own noggin, and starts to trust me a little more. I don’t necessarily think a “move” this round is urgent so much as trying to establish something with Melinda (and maybe by proxy Loveita) because the only real repercussion to gunning after Russell would be if I gained the reputation of copy/pasting chat logs for sport. But I think as long as it’s restricted to one I should be good. Plus I cited “Munin 2.0 strong” when I told Love, so my tracks are pretty covered here. But maybe, just maybe, if it’s the difference between life or death, another excerpt, leaked specifically to Melinda, specifically from Cristina, completely fabricated or otherwise, wouldn’t hurt.

Gary Hogeboom wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08:19 pm3. It seems like idols are having an effect on every tribal without even coming out. How can you maintain control over votes without knowing the location of idols and advantages? What do you know for sure about what people have up their sleeve?
That reminds me, I keep spending all my fucking time writing these when I should be looking. I swear, with all the shit being thrown at me, the only time I have to hunt is during tribal, for fuck’s sake.

Gary Hogeboom wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08:19 pmuhhh, Danni usually puts some corny emojis in these so here: :bird: :grief:
:thumbsdown:

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom