-- 13th Place - 2nd Juror - Voted Out 8-5 --
By Gary Hogeboom
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Congrats on not being the first boot! That would've been embarrassing! Things are still just getting started but it appears to be on a roll!

1. After a unanimous vote, do you think you can trust all the same people this round or do you have alliance shifts in mind?
2. Are you trying to set yourself up for future swaps? Prepare for merge game?Just taking it vote by vote or something else? Lay out your future plans for us.
3. Is there paranoia or speculation about whether the idol is found yet? Why or why not? How has your search been?

That's all for now, but please keep us updated as much as you feel up to to! This season is shaping up to be everything we expected!

Gary Hogeboom

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jeff
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
1. After a unanimous vote, do you think you can trust all the same people this round or do you have alliance shifts in mind?
I am not sure why a unanimous vote would trigger alliance shifts, though with us it seems more of a cohesive unit narrowing in on one boot and then separating. More to follow below.
2. Are you trying to set yourself up for future swaps? Prepare for merge game?Just taking it vote by vote or something else? Lay out your future plans for us.
Yes x3.
3. Is there paranoia or speculation about whether the idol is found yet? Why or why not? How has your search been?
I barely tried and couldn't find it so I give up. I haven't heard any idol chatter among the idle chatter so far.
This season is shaping up to be everything we expected!
Nothing more exciting than a unanimous vote. But as of this writing, I am unable to see tribal council so maybe it got really explosive in there.

- page break -

Anyway. Hello.

I think that today was kind of an interesting day here on planet Jeff.

I spoke to Penner today and had another substantial convo with him. In it, I realized that he was not as attuned to Cochran/Cassandra being so close as they are (or he could be LYING TO ME!), and didn't seem to think of our alliance as a quartet with Cass but a trio without her. If I were Cassandra I'd be suspicious that no one made a group DM. I am Jeff and I am suspicious that no one has made that group DM. I can't be the one to make it because I feel I am not as integral to the operation. I can't be like "so hey guys, here's the group DM as the group BITCH now you may tell me all of the info."

Penner and I also talked about connections and bounced around the idea of taking a shot at THE TRIO (Kim, Tammy, Ziggy) in this round and not waiting until next round, weighing the pros and cons of doing so. We didn't really seem to be talking about things with any initiative to actually do them, but rather "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we did things? yeah, that'd be cool."

I also learned that Russell from the other tribe is Chris from my season, who I am not particularly a fan of. I think that I am fairly neutral on the guy but I'm sure he has dedicated an entry in his confessional to me, <3. I also learned that he played on Kim's season also, so both of us actually a connection with some rando who is playing for his now 7th time(?) - 7 years ago for her, 6 years ago for me. She seems to think more highly of her than I do. I also get the impression that Kim thinks I'm an idiot which is amusing to me because I -am- an idiot.

Realizing Chris is playing and has played with Kim and with me is ironic because Kim approached me about being concerned about people with connections, and now we realize we both -actually- have connections. It's doubly fun because I know (through Cochran and co.) that Kim is closely connected to Tammy and Ziggy, and I am closely connected to Cochan and co. - though I don't believe THE TRIO knows that. The unconnected people were actually connected, and now we have found out we were connected all along!

I also made Aubry aware that Ziggy threw her name out, and that she was the second in the "Penny or Aubry?" vote contemplations. While Penny was the unanimous boot tonight, being the Y in the "X or Y?" conversations makes her the default conversational boot target once X is gone. I imagine she has her work cut out for her if she is planning to avoid being the "So, Aubry tonight?" conversation.

I'm feeling a bit confused on what the plan of my alliance is, and I am in the position of needing to be a team player so I can't make decisions on my own. If it were up to me, I think that I would possibly take out one of THE TRIO here because I think that in a swap situation, THE STRAGGLERS will be less connected to the other side and therefore less likely to flip on me in a swap situation. Or Yve. I made a joke/reference today to Yve about the hit 2003 song 'Hey Ya' and she totally no-sold me, which got a major side-eye from me.

I'm not sure how I feel about Penny going. I felt really enthused by the idea of someone being like "let's game talk?" when it felt like no one else was doing so and so I thought I had a potential ally outside the network of the large alliance of JCCP (tbh the alliance of me, Cochran and Penner should be called the JC Penny(or er?) alliance) so I tried to put in a little bit of work to save her over Yve and Alex, and then my whole world flipped-turned upside down. Penny disappeared for a while and consequently got the unanimous boot.

That's all I got for tonight. Goodbye.

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Jeff
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Hello.

I'm sure episode 3 confessionals are coming soon so I'm going to post a cheeky little update here.

I feel certain I am going to finish highly in the "most likable" rating and I feel it is going to damage my game. EVERYONE LOVES ME! It's a blessing and a curse, especially in moments like this. So I am putting myself at the bottom as often as I can - though I expect everyone else is too so that'll probably cancel out across the board. People are going to be like "aw cute everyone likes Jeff aw cute" and then I realize I am like bottom of the pack after writing this HAHA.

I also simply don't know how to rank these people in terms of likability. Like, I think Kim may actually be my favorite person on the tribe alongside Penner and Cochran (hey guys, thanks for reading my confessional after the season!)? But do I want to vote strategically and fuck it up without caring about going to tribal ? Or do I want to do well and skip tribal council? Does my 1 vote out of 9 even matter? Should I even vote? THIS IS WHY TRUMP GOT ELECTED!

Jeff

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom