Welcome to the merge! the 14 of you are all that remains of our cast of winners, and one of you will be walking away from the Valentine tribe $200 richer.

1-Did you expect to make it this far?
2-Who are you excited to meet back up with? Anyone you're ready to drop?
3-How does the merge change your game plan? Are you prepared to start playing harder?

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Kim
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Quick update before I go to bed.

1. Yes. I mean, obviously I expected the competition to be a lot fiercer this time around, but I figured as long as I stayed social and put in a decent effort, that making the merge wouldn't be too big of an obstacle.

2. I'm excited to meet up with Yve and Tammy mostly. I did hear all about the Cochran boot though, and it seems like Yve and Tammy haven't been on the best of terms of that front. There's some distrust between the two and I need to make an effort to mend that, because they're the two people I wanna work with most in this game, and I can't have them be on opposite sides. I guess it's been nice to see Russell (Chris) again. Our chats so far have been decent.

3. I don't even know what to do right now. It sucks because I feel like not once in this game have I actually been in the driver's seat, and it just gets really difficult and demoralizing. I mean, this is a huge merge, and more often that not, in big merges, everyone just wants to have an "easy vote" for the first round because there's just too many people and too much uncertainty. So I'm like, already bracing myself for an old Fenrir to go. And I don't think it'll be me, but it'll just suck to see a potential ally leave the game so early on and there's not really much I can do to save them :/

I don't want to freak out too much. If I can survive a couple rounds and get my foot in the door, I think I have a good shot at making it deep. The main issue here is timing. I don't know if this round is like, the right round to try to make a total power move and finally get in control of my game. I'm not really in the position to be calling the shots right now, so what's the use in even trying? Better to let these people self-implode on their own. It might be better to just hedge my bets at this point, and wait for opportunities later down the road :dunno:

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Kim wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:13:24 pm 1. Yes. I mean, obviously I expected the competition to be a lot fiercer this time around, but I figured as long as I stayed social and put in a decent effort, that making the merge wouldn't be too big of an obstacle.
Love your confidence :)

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Kim
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
I think the new alliance is me, Stephanie, Tammy, and Catalie lol.

I'm not going to lie, I think for this first vote, everyone is just gonna wanna take the easy way out and get rid of a Fenrir, which I'm not entirely happy about, but I do feel good about this new alliance, so I may just have to cut my losses :dunno: Cristina told me that the target may be on Yve or Jeff, and like, I guess between those 2, I would like Yve to stay. Personally, I think Jeff could be a number for me too, but just judging off of everything I've seen and heard about him since, I think he was a lot closer to the Cochran/Penner/Cass contingent than I ever gave him credit for. So I wouldn't be too sad to see him leave.

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Kim
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
This is a mess. I was kind of expecting Yve to go now that Jeff is gone, but Russell straight-up told me that he is not voting Yve and that he wants to vote off Melinda/Loveita instead, which is actually music to my ears :inlove: I would prefer Val or Joaquin, but I would be down to do this.
Also Jeff is like, freaking out to me because he kind of knew his back was against the wall here and that he needed immunity, and that he's all for making a B I G M O V E !!! now that he's essentially screwed, but my sympathy for him only goes so far. He was definitely complicit in letting Cochran/Cass/Penner just run old Fenrir. This is the kind of hive mind shit I warned him about earlier and he just plugged his ears to it.

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
To Tammy,
I'll still voting for Val. I'm not optimistic that it's going to pan out lol, but I don't think damage control will be too hard considering they all left us in the dark on this lol. I mean, I'm sure they'd understand that we felt we needed to stick with our tribe here.

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
To Tammy,
I'll still voting for Val. I'm not optimistic that it's going to pan out lol, but I don't think damage control will be too hard considering they all left us in the dark on this lol. I mean, I'm sure they'd understand that we felt we needed to stick with our tribe here.
Unless Cassandra is telling you something differently now lol.

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
I'm actually freaking out, my vote for Val obviously counted right?
I feel awful, it's like Val's elimination has an asterisk next to it. Probst, anyone, please tell me this was fine, this has happened before, and you didn't make a special exception for me. I would feel awful otherwise.

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
I know, but is there any precedent for that happening before? Please tell me it's not an uncommon mistake. I'm not complaining, but I would feel very guilty if you guys decided to bend the rules just for me.

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Actually, I didn't even notice amongst the chaos that it wasn't in the official voting thread. I think especially because you voted in the correct format, I didn't notice.

Because of that, we're not going to walk back the vote off. We'll just chalk this up to user error. As far as I'm concerned, you officially voted in the time, in the proper format, just in the wrong area... and I failed to catch that mistake so it's my mistake, not yours. :)

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts