By Gary Hogeboom
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
12 people left, that's one for every month of the year!

1. On paper this looked like a much simpler vote than the last one. The Valentine tribe seems split in 2, Are these old lines or has a new majority formed? Do you expect similar voting blocks next round?
2. Were you surprised at all by Jeff's departure? Tell us why Jeff going was good for your game. If it wasn't, what's your plan to pivot going forward?
3. It seems like idols are having an effect on every tribal without even coming out. How can you maintain control over votes without knowing the location of idols and advantages? What do you know for sure about what people have up their sleeve?

uhhh, Danni usually puts some corny emojis in these so here: :bird: :grief:

Gary Hogeboom

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Kim
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
Oh my God, thank God this finally posted because I really gotta vent. I am so pissed. And not even because Jeff left, but all because of the way it was handled. The following people are on my shit list.

Russell is vile. I mean, this voting comment:
“Your play style is too rigid to win this game. You think in unmoving squares and lines instead of dynamically. By the time you catch up, everyone will have long passed you."
was clearly his, and seriously, get the fuck out of here with this bullshit. Can you possibly get anymore condescending? Firstly, Jeff's play style is obviously fine lol. We're all winners, so you don't have the right to criticize his gameplay like that. Secondly, to characterize his game as "rigid" and the whole cringy "unmoving squares" metaphor is seriously some of the dumbest shit I've ever. Jeff was a victim of circumstance, his was put into a corner basically from the very second he merged, so to blame him for any of the choices he made with his game. And the whole air of superiority in this comment, OMG. I can't even. Like I said before, everyone here is a WINNER, so for some people to just unsolicited and tone-deaf gameplay "advice" like this is seriously some of the cringiest shit I've ever seen.

And I don't even like Jeff that much, Jesus. But God, that voting comment seriously triggers me on such a human level. Like, how has someone gotten this far in life with such low critical-thinking skills? and zero empathy to boot.

And I can just tell this is Russell because this is exactly the kind of tone he's taken with me in his messages. I mean, I'm appreciative of the fact that Russell (Chris) voted for me to win in S17, especially when I wasn't expecting his vote in the slightest. However, I can't help but feel l he's still bothered by the whole thing. I played a very calm, quiet, and calculated UTR game in my winning season. And I think he personally cannot stand the fact that this type of gameplay works for me when he's literally the exact opposite type of player (i.e, unbearable, overplaying control freak with no sense of restraint or tact) I almost feel like he thinks that I get voted out before him, that my win in S17 is somehow discredited :rofl: He's absolutely trying to one-up me here. I definitely know he wants to outlast me, so if nothing else, I need to make sure that doesn't happen.

Cristina is also on my shit-list too. I'm over her. She's toxic, non-committal, and completely unreliable. I thought there was definitely the potential for us to work together here but after tonight's display, there's no fucking chance. I'd vote her out in a heart beat. We're supposed to be allies, but she's hardly messaged me at all since we've merged. I'm done with her. I want her out.

Melinda- I have no clue what this bitch's deal is. She's just.... aloof. Like, no game sense. No sense of urgency, no nuance, no anything. I can't even bring up anything more than surface-level game talk without her getting completely paranoid. I tell her that Russell is throwing her under the bus to me and then all of a sudden she's crying to everyone "Am I getting voted out?" like CALM DOWN and play. Jesus.

Regardless, I don't think Jeff leaving is really even that bad for my game, lol. I feel confident enough in Steph, Catalie, and Tammy. I'm making progress with Joaquin. I'm still in good with Yve, Penner, and Cass. There are vague notions of the nu-Munin 6 looking out for each other. I think I'm good, and that me voting in the minority doesn't really hurt me at all.

I just needed to vent lol. some of these people are a different breed.
Nate Gonzalez, Jeff Probst, Reem and 1 others liked this

Kim

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Reem
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
:wave: Hello, lurker here and a fan of yours. This whole confessional - LOVE :crown: :fire:

Question, what's the plan currently to outlast your targets given you voted in minority? Or is the plan to play it by ear? Give me the tea :tea:

Keep going, I'm rooting for you! :beer:

Reem

• Alumni
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom