-- 8th Place - 7th Juror - Voted Out 3-3-2 (4-2) --
By Loveita
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Just submitted my final vote, but wanted to write out a little explanation / message if the f3 do go through and read through everyone's confessionals like I plan to.

Yve, you impressed me so much in this FTC and confirmed the reason why I was so adamant about getting you out in F8 when I left. You worked super well with your perception and were tenacious as fuck in this game. I know you tried every damn angle you could, and if Joaquin hadn't kept himself safe in both F9 and F8, I think our relationship in the game would have grown a lot more and gone a lot further. I also want to say that seeing your video response to Melinda let me see a lot more of you than I had in the past and really helped me understand you as a person. I read your FTC responses in an entirely different light after that, and wish I had had a stronger relationship with you in this game. However, despite your best efforts to maneuver in this game, I think Russell successfully took a lot of the credit/responsibility for you being in this specific F3, and for that reason, it was difficult for me to justify a vote in your direction. Regardless, you definitely deserve to be here at the end.

Russell, you really did play a great game. On paper, there is no question that you're the best of the three here, and I think I actually find you less abrasive than many of these jurors seem to. I always saw you as a threat to win this game, and didn't understand why so many other people saw you as more of a "goat" type. I saw you putting in the work everywhere I looked and successfully recovering from mistakes. I also think you did a good job of playing up your "goat" role, since I never saw it as accurate, but you convinced others. I love your cutting, humorous personality, but I also recognized you're smart as hell and strategic to a fault. I understand your frustration with how people might have perceived you in this game and in encouraging them to find the fault in themselves for how they perceived you. But at the same time, it shows a lack of social adaptation in understanding how people might react and cloud their own judgments. Your strategic adaptation was phenomenal, but lacked social nuance, which I believe is how you put yourself in trouble a few times. I prevoted for you, but changed it after reading and rereading these FTC threads. And that's not because you lost my vote, which I thought might happen, but because Stephanie did a great job of convincing me that she made the fewest mistakes overall and was the most intentional in her gameplay and decisions. Ultimately, my vote hinged on that more than your ability to recover from situations you helped put yourself into. Also, for Cristina's question, you didn't respond that you thought you'd win. And you should have really argued for yourself there. I would have loved to see you tell me why, when you weren't immune at 4, Stephanie made a mistake in voting out Kim. Instead, she defended that decision well in an answer of her own. Changing my vote to Stephanie was incredibly difficult for me, and I'll be proud to have you represent this season if you win.

Stephanie, I think I saw a lot more of your game than many of these jurors, and I came into this final weekend having pre-voted for Russell, but rooting for you. Everything you gave in those answers made me feel better and better about voting for you, because it really confirmed to me that your "safe" behavior throughout the game was calculated. I see a lot of my preferred game style in your game: I took all the fall for the F10/F9, when I feel you were an equal partner in orchestrating that, and that's exactly the right way to help make moves like that. You set yourself up well from the beginning of this game, and by F10, I essentially considered you a lock to make F3. But I knew you'd have to do a lot to convince people to vote for you in the end. You did enough to convince me.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Danni Boatwright wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:28:31 pm
Loveita wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:17:16 pm I also want to say that seeing your video response to Melinda let me see a lot more of you than I had in the past and really helped me understand you as a person.
well yeah, it was a video :wink:
hey you with the whole taking things literally joke. Shush.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom