-- 8th Place - 7th Juror - Voted Out 3-3-2 (4-2) --
Welcome to the merge! the 14 of you are all that remains of our cast of winners, and one of you will be walking away from the Valentine tribe $200 richer.

1-Did you expect to make it this far?
2-Who are you excited to meet back up with? Anyone you're ready to drop?
3-How does the merge change your game plan? Are you prepared to start playing harder?

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
1-Did you expect to make it this far?
I am elated. I am hyped. This is an incredible feeling. I got REMARKABLY lucky (maybe a tiny bit of skill - we did rock those challenges) in avoiding those last few tribals.

When I started this game, I just wanted to make it past first boot. Then, make it to a swap. Then, survive the swap. Somehow I've made it all the way to merge and my sights are set on just making it the few more votes to jury. And I thinkI've got a shot to do that. I can't get too cocky - it looks like I'm in a good spot right now, but good spots can become ripe blindside targets. Hopefully I've gotten a good enough read on these allies of mine to tell if something's off or not.

2-Who are you excited to meet back up with? Anyone you're ready to drop?
Love to see my Munin girls - Val, Steph, and Cat all (probably in that order). Honestly, I would have wanted the vote to be Cat out of the four, but was most worried about Val. Courtney would have been a great tool to have in this merge, but I wouldn't have expected to be able to keep her very long. And her departure might end up being beneficial for me.

I was hoping that the merge would result in - one of my groups of four having someone taken out (Courtney), and an overall OG Munin majority (8-6). That's a great start for me. Plus, the chaos between Joaq/Russell (and Tammy, i'm hearing?) vs Yve/Jeff can be good for me as well. I don't think I need to drop allies at the moment, but I think if something happened (idols, advantages, etc), Joaq or Russell might draw the attention and take that fall.

3-How does the merge change your game plan? Are you prepared to start playing harder?
What are you talking about? Haven't I already been playing hard? /s
This has been like a fucking beach vacation with froopy drinks and umbrella straws so far. But the last time I went to Cancun, a hurricane forced me out of the 4 star resort and into an abandoned university sleeping 20 to a classroom, so trust me. I'm ready. And hopefully this time, I don't end up with a huge 12-yo girl crush on the Mexican lifeguard. I'm 27 now, and I don't think Val's a lifeguard.

But regarding this merge:
Listen I'm always trying to keep that social game at a 10 (who can't love Loveita?), but I'm ready to start taking advantage of alllllll these relationships I've surrounded myself with.

(F6) NuMunin - Kim, Cass, Penner, Melinda, Cristina
F4 Val, Cristina, Steph
F2 Melinda
F2ish Val
F2ish Cristina
"sleeper threats" with Melinda and Steph
hopefully something still with Melinda, Joaq
Iso connection with Russell
Cat and I had a thing with Courtney, but that relationship is a little more unknown to me at the moment.
And obviously I'm new to Tammy, Yve, and Jeff. Who needs em, not me so much (but please, don't let that stop them from forming quality social bonds with me)

Obviously I can't bring 10 other people to the finals with me, so something's gotta give at some point, and Melinda is my go to strategy partner moving through these next few rounds. Even if I had reason to doubt our social connection, we both have game related dirt on each other - she knows about my idol, I know about her extra vote.

And Cristina knows about both of those. Gotta keep that close - we don't have anything on her. I love her, but she is SMART and I won't underestimate her ability to make a badass bitch move on me.

Melinda's extra vote is good through 12, so that's a time to create some chaos. My idol is good through 10 - another time to create some chaos. Here's the thing - I don't want us to have to use these advantages to save ourselves. I had enough of saving myself in Iso. I want to keep these advantages until the last possible moment, and then use them offensively. How? Not sure yet - I don't think that far ahead. Anything can happen this game. I've got a general strategy, but the specifics might change hour to hour. Butttttt, I have already continued stoking the Val vs Cassandra fire...that would be a nice distraction away from all my good connections. I'd try to help Cassandra lose that fight.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom