-- 11th Place - 4th Juror - Voted Out 10-1-1 --
By Nate Gonzalez
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Hey!

Congratulations for making the Final 17! This is a huge accomplishment in Stranded, and particularly in an All-Winners season every day is an accomplishment!

1. Tribe Dynamics – the core to the game you are playing. How are you getting along with everybody so far? Who do you think is a threat? Do you have any plans for the present? Plans for the future? Plans for the past????

2. Challenges – how do you think that challenge went? How do you think the upcoming challenge will go? If you've done the challenge already, how did it go?

3. Hidden Immunity Idols and Secret Advantages – can’t live with them, can’t live without them. Do you think any are in the game? Do you know who has them? How’s the hunt going?

4. “You better get ready? It’s coming for you. The fire is burning and when this is through – one sole will survive. Winners at War.” What lyrics or song is playing as you pull off a badass move that affirms your badassery as a winner? (pls, I'm making a Spotify playlist)

Nate Gonzalez

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Nate Gonzalez wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47:22 pm Hey!

Congratulations for making the Final 17! This is a huge accomplishment in Stranded, and particularly in an All-Winners season every day is an accomplishment!

1. Tribe Dynamics – the core to the game you are playing. How are you getting along with everybody so far? Who do you think is a threat? Do you have any plans for the present? Plans for the future? Plans for the past????

2. Challenges – how do you think that challenge went? How do you think the upcoming challenge will go? If you've done the challenge already, how did it go?

3. Hidden Immunity Idols and Secret Advantages – can’t live with them, can’t live without them. Do you think any are in the game? Do you know who has them? How’s the hunt going?

4. “You better get ready? It’s coming for you. The fire is burning and when this is through – one sole will survive. Winners at War.” What lyrics or song is playing as you pull off a badass move that affirms your badassery as a winner? (pls, I'm making a Spotify playlist)
1. I am getting along with pretty much everyone I have interacted with so far. Some more than others, but I have yet to meet anyone that I didn’t at least feel a bit above neutral about… aside from those that have left the game. I think everyone is a threat haha, I gotta take all of them out to win so they all pose a threat to me in some way. I do think Cass and Penner are probably stronger social threats than Kim is, but I also get along with them and have established some rapport, which I have not really done with Kim, so the mysteriousness of her and the fact that she was willing to open up to Cristina about shit and not to me makes me suspicious of her.

2. The challenge went AMAZING! Yesterday was a fantastic day for me in this game. I was intimidated with this swap just due to the fact that I know there’s some super strong challenge performers on the other teams… Catalie, Russell, Stephanie.. they are all beasts. But we had some really amazing teamwork/chemistry and we really performed well under pressure. It was one of the most fun I have ever had doing a challenge, at least that I can remember. I hate to say this but I am like so falling in love with Penner… he is so fucking charming... And I know I have to separate my emotions from the game because he’s likely that charming with EVERYONE and I don’t want to fall under his spell, but DAMN. I mean I saw who he was at Discord and that he was a winner and before the game even started I asked Poody… who IS this person?? And then now he’s Irish with probably an adorable accent, an athlete, a huge drag race fan with amazing opinions, witty as fuck, hilarious, fun… I mean the man is damn near perfect. We sort of created this unspoken pact with one another to keep the other safe, but I just don’t know for sure if I can trust him. I want to be able to… I just hope I’m able to think with the head that’s up here *points to skull* and not the one down here *points to crotch* I said to Loveita, like damn I was so charmed by this guy and bonded with all 4 of us that competed in that challenge that I really don’t want to see any of us go… But at the same time, Kim is probably a weaker player than Cass and Penner… So if we lose I am going to be in a huge dilemma. But this question was about challenges, I kind of went on a tangent there. I have yet to compete in the challenge, I will this afternoon. I am feeling a LOT more confident about challenges after the last two I competed in. I am playing with a lot more confidence in general since after the swap happened. Trusting myself, remembering why I was able to make the finals three times in Stranded… because I am really good at developing relationships without being too domineering/threatening to people. I forgot that I am pretty masterful at that. And I have really been playing my ass off. So while I am a bit nervous about fucking up the challenge, I think I proved in the last challenge that I am a valuable member of the team when it comes to challenges so even if I were to slip up, it wouldn’t be the end of me. And I am going into it with a winner’s mentality. No more of this self doubt bullshit. I am just as capable of winning this game as anyone else here, even if I don’t have as many connections. I can build them.

3. Ok awesome here is a subject I am excited to talk about. Advantages. Advantages. Advantages. If I type is 1000 more times will I get another one?? So as soon as I saw Gary say something about advantages immediately when we swapped I just KNEW there had to be some sort of an advantage hidden on this board somewhere. I went on a mad hunt. I looked at the treemail thread and put my cursor over every single letter that was posted there, hoping to find a link or something leading me to a clue. Then I looked over at the badges. I thought maybe the hidden immunity idol badge on Ziggy’s profile was an idol. Tried that, failed. Then I noticed that the badges had links so I started clicking them. Always go to a dead end website. So then I had this idea yesterday afternoon. Maybe if I got to like 500 or 1000 posts I would get a new badge that would have a link that actually went somewhere. So I created a Spam thread. Inside of it I typed out:

“I am using this to spam to build up my post count in case it leads or an advantage or at least makes people suspicious enough that I have an idol or some shit hehehe”

I copied it and was just going to paste that like 500 times til I got a new badge. I figured even if I didn’t find anything, if I had like 1000 posts on the board it might make people at least SUSPICIOUS that I had an advantage. Or I could lie about finding an advantage on the new badge I got. I had planned to spend like a half hour just spamming that thread, but I didn’t get too far. After I had posted a few times I looked up and saw a link in my post. The word “advantage” was replaced by a link. I was like WHAT THE FUCK!!! At first I thought that maybe I copied and pasted something wrong, like somehow I made a mistake. So then I clicked the link and here is this beautiful parchment:

I literally screamed. I had SO much adrenaline going at that point. I have NEVER found an immunity idol or an advantage in the game. And it was like completely by luck that I even came across it. Had I not posted the word “advantage” twice that link never would have shown up. I was stunned, actually I still am. I private messaged Probst right away cuz I just HAD to know what was this? At first I didn’t know if it was going to lead to a clue that I was going to need to go on a hunt for something. I was relieved as fuck that it was just a straight up advantage. When Probst sent the instructions, I read it a few times just to be sure I was comprehending it correctly and not making any brash decisions, but when I heard it was an extra vote I was like… THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED IN THIS MOMENT!! The alternative would have been a really STUPID game move because I would have had to convince someone to not vote for the next three rounds… who the fuck would do that? I don’t know that anyone would believe it, I just think it was a safer play to take the extra vote so we have 4 to their 3. I guess a vote steal would still work to take them out, but I just didn’t want to risk not getting anything so I played it on the safe side.

As far as the HII goes, I am stumped. I tried for like an hour and a half plugging in shit and I am stumped. Idk if someone found it already, I have tried everything I could think of and nothing. I really hope Penner/Cass/Kim didn’t find it cuz it could mean I get idoled out if we pick the wrong person to vote for. And the other thing I am paranoid about is if Cristina or Loveita has some sort of past relationship with any of those three where they are secretly working together. It seems things are going on tribal lines, but that makes it 3-3 (though we actually have 4 on our side), but if Loveita/Cristina is lying about past connections with any of those three I could already be fucked… I don’t think they are lying but I also wouldn’t put it past them. I know Love and Penner are on Discord so there is a chance they have some sort of relationship there… I am so untrusting of everyone lol. But I hope I can trust Cristina/Loveita… If not I am fucked.

4. Alright so before I tell you my theme song, one thing I wanted to talk about here is that I am beyond excited about the theme of this game. It’s VIKINGS. My ancestors were Vikings. So this game has been really actually quite spiritual for me, I am like connecting with the spirits of my ancestors. I have been reading a shit ton about the Vikings, Norse mythology, and though I am coming up short on finding the idols, I am learning so much. I actually said a prayer two days ago to my ancestors, asking them to help me find the idol so that I can slay my enemies in a sneak attack, much like they did in medieval times haha… Well my prayer for an idol was not answered, but I did luck my way into finding that advantage, so I am going to go ahead and say thank you to my Viking ancestors for that. I have super dark roots (in my hair I mean) and extremely blond hair on top. People always think I highlight my hair, but I have my hair color from my Viking ancestors. Gets really blonde in the summer, darker in the winter. So when people ask me if I dye my hair I always tell them that my hair looks the way it looks because of my Viking heritage. And the more I am reading about the Vikings, the more I am proud of my Viking heritage. It’s been a pretty cool history lesson. AND on top of that I am from Minnesota, home of the Minnesota Vikings! So they are of course MY TEAM. So how cool for me to be in a Viking themed season, as a real life descendent of the Vikings, and a Minnesota native and NFL Vikings fan. It’s like this season was meant for me. Hope I can make my ancestors/home state proud. That sounds super dorky but I am going to go with it because I feel like this should make the show and even if I don’t win I want Sia to give me $20. Ok so that is a LONG answer to the theme song…

So LIZZO is a Minnesota native, and she is a fucking awesome down to earth person, she used to come out to the gay bar in Minneapolis, The Saloon, and just hang with people and be awesome… obviously The Saloon is closed now and I think now that she has BLOWN UP over the past year idk if she could go out in public without causing a stir, but before she was like mega famous she would go out on occasion there so I have been in her presence. And since TRUTH HURTS refers to having a new man on the Minnesota Vikings….

The song that MUST be playing while I slay is Truth Hurts by Lizzo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P00HMxdsVZI
Jordan liked this

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom