Welcome back, Legend :crown:

Take a look around and soak in this moment. 22 winners have returned to show why they are the ultimate Stranded champion. Over the next few weeks, you will have to fight tooth and nail to emerge victorious in this stacked cast, and to leave $200 richer.

Who do you know out of this group? Do you think these relationships will impact the way you play the game?

Whose legend (if any) are you most threatened by?

Good luck, and have fun. We're all rooting for you icon_yahoo

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Russell
Who do you know out of this group? Do you think these relationships will impact the way you play the game?

From my tribe, I know Joaquin, Val, Stephanie, and Catalie. I just played with Joaquin and Val in Austranded, plus Val and I also just recently played a game together called Magus. I also know Stephanie because I'm actually hosting him at the moment, but we've never really played together so that's kind of an awk dynamic. Catalie is obvi the ORG God.

I actually believe that I know Cristina from Into the Blue years ago but I'm not sure if she remembers me? And I've exchanged pleasantries with Loveita in the Discord server in the past.

Whose legend (if any) are you most threatened by?

Definitely Catalie for obvi reasons but I think Melinda also has a massively successful record. Cristina and Joaq are probably my favorite people to talk to at the moment, so them as well!

Russell

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Russell
Sorry for the delay on this, the tribe is kind of awkward and very active and I think everyone is generally playing super cautiously so any big majority hasn't really formed yet. If it has, I'm not in it and I would hate that.

The vote has settled on Mookie and Catalie has some trepidations about that because it's possible Poody will revive the Refuge twist again and I really hope that doesn't happen. I absolutely loathe that twist because it really screwed me in my third season and I don't really feel like it's in the essence of Survivor. At least this time, I have the idol to protect myself (for three rounds at least). I'm super excited about that because it's the first idol I've found in Stranded. I normally think to myself, I'll never find these, but last night I googled "fire ore venom nordic" and I got a wikipedia page immediately so I just typed in every word I saw there and VOILA. I couldn't believe my eyes.

We'll start with a cast assessment.

Loveita- Loveita and I have a bit of comraderie of being the only Isolated winners here and, considering there are 22 people in the cast, it feels like we're tacked on in a Stephanie and Bobby Jon sort of way. I've actually played Stranded so it's not as strange for me to be here, but regardless, we both instantly gravitated toward each other. She is INSANELY active and, like Cristina, I think she is probably one of the big faves around here which is fine with me. Better that I'm in her good graces.

Cristina- Cristina is immediately the other big dog to me on the tribe. She's probably the person whose conversations I've enjoyed the most, but that seems to be true for nearly EVERYONE so who knows if she actually enjoys me as well. I think if I had to make a winner bet right now- it'd be her.

Melinda- Melinda told me right out the gate that she thinks I'm super hot and that I can tell her what to do. I've in a position before in a game where someone had a crush on me and it makes me feel scummy because, ultimately, any way I view that dynamic will be exploitative. She wants to be allies with me and I tried to be playful with brushing her off which was obvi the wrong move. I'm going to put in more work today.

Joaqamole- He and I were like barely on a tribe together in Austranded but we have a LOT in common- we actually live just a few blocks away from each other in the bougie area of Chicago, are around the same age, partnered, and both work in tech. Also having a male rep is just a whole *thing* in general so I think there's some comraderie there as well. I know that he is close with Val because when this game started she couldn't shut up about how excited she was to see him, so low-and-behold we're all on the same tribe.

Val- People hate pre-games but they happen, and Val and I had a pre-game even if we didn't explicitly state that. We're in the same community over on NDIM and we just played a game together where we were sort-of-allies who couldn't get it together, just like Shane and Peter were in Austranded. I'll be honest, I like Val a lot when she's not playing ORGs but I hate her play style and her communication style. She has said over and over that THIS is the game where we'll finally wreck it and, tbh, it's probably not going to be! Sorry Nick!

Stephanie- I'm hosting a game with Steph right now and she just made the Final 2. It's always super fucking awkward playing with someone you've hosted because there's a strange power dynamic shift. Stephanie immediately told me yesterday that "we" need to get into a majority alliance by the weekend which seemed a little forward and fast for me- and also kind of an archaic way of playing? Gone are the days where a majority alliance is all you need in a game lol.

Courtney- Courtney is active but I just CANNOT connect with her at all personally.

Catalie- Catalie has the largest reputation coming and also has the largest likely pre-game connections which should carry her. I do find her no-b/s personality to be very relieving, especially because we can only talk for a minute a day and I enjoy it, but I recognize that she uses this schtick to actually hide a lot of her double-dealing. She won't be targeted anytime soon due to fear, but I imagine she'll be in the hot seat eventually.

Kim- Kim and I have had a pretty good conversation and she's a MOR presence. I'd put her a step above Courtney for someone I like and, for right now, that's all I can really ask for. It's just really tough to juggle all of these conversations and relationships and, so far, I think only Cristina and Lov have risen to the occasion.

Mookie- Mookie is chill but he's been not very active and will likely be the first boot.

Russell

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom