Another episode, another winner gone.

1. Were you expecting that chaotic vote breakdown?
2. Are you worried about potentially hidden friendships waiting to come out and strike when you least expect it?
3. Do idols and advantages factor into your plans going forward or are you just hoping to luck out?
4. Are there any players remaining that you don't view as a threat?
5. Ideally, who's in your final 5?

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts
1. Were you expecting that chaotic vote breakdown?
I was expecting the 6/8-2-1 but I wasn't expecting Melinda, Cristina, and Yve to split off and vote me. I guess this was initiated by Melinda/Cristina in order to save her somehow with a vote doubler or something but it didnt pan out.

2. Are you worried about potentially hidden friendships waiting to come out and strike when you least expect it?
I think luckily as these votes continue it becomes more and more clear who the friendships are. I think right now the friendships that make the most worried are the ones that Catalie and Stephenie have that continue to allow them to skate by.

3. Do idols and advantages factor into your plans going forward or are you just hoping to luck out?
I think they have to for me because if an idol got played at the last two TCs, it could've easily been me.

4. Are there any players remaining that you don't view as a threat?
I would be surprised to see Melinda or Yve win this game, but that doesn't mean that they can't fuck shit up. I think everyone is a threat in terms of their ability to lie/read the room.

5. Ideally, who's in your final 5?
Penner, Yve, Joaq, Steph, me

Russell

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
So, as of now, I feel like the core of the game running the show is Natale, Kim, Joaq, Tammy, Cass, Penner, Steph, Yve, and I are both kind of being dragged along on the side while Loveita and Melinda are more on the outs.

I'm in a tough spot because I've blown a lot of social capital already trying to play quick and dirty, so trying to rally some sort of anti-group isn't going to work for me. I need to make sure that I'm building stronger bonds with people who I think will last a long time (like Stephenie and, possibly, Loveita). While I'd love to ride-or-die with Yve and Melinda it's very clear to me that they both play insanely sketchy and struggle to really put their emotions aside to make the right game-time decision (I.e. working with me) so that feels like a lost cause.

I do feel like I have a core of people who don't want me to go necessarily right now, but they're entirely fine with me acting as their meat shield (Tammy, Joaq, Natalie). I do think they underestimate me a little bit which isn't too bad. It would be GREAT if I had an idol right now to break some shit up but I've got a feeling the people who have them are also in power lololol.

So I have to go against whats FUN and pretty much just wait for an opportunity and try to take it if I can.

Russell

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
Russell wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:40:24 pm [whisper=3123] With Tammy immune I feel like they're going to switch over to me again. Yve is the last I heard but hopefully I get an actual plan at this TC. [ /whisper]
Your whisper etiquette is my favorite meme of the season so far. As someone who lacks the ability to whisper irl, i feel kinship <3
Russell liked this

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts