By Jeff Probst
Custom Posts Custom Custom
This is Cristina's Final Tribal Council Thread.

All other Jurors should remain in their own threads.

Cristina, you have until Sunday at 12c/1e pm to post your statements/questions to the Final 3. Remember not to take up too much of their time as they have 10 other jurors to get to. Please no listing or questions requiring novels for answers. You should post all of your statements/questions in your opening post in this thread.

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Cristina
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
Hey there folks, firstly, congratulations on making the final three and giving us early jurors a show! This game had a lot of twists and turns and no matter what, you guys made it to the end and you should all be very proud. Now I had closer relationships with some of you than others but I will be basing my vote on who impresses me the most over this final tribal council.

Steph, we allied on the original Munin tribe and even though the Valkryies never really took off, I am proud of you making it to the end. Russell, we had a brief up and down journey and even though I did nearly flip to take you out, you have came a long way in this game from wasting an idol on the second round to making it to the final three. Yve, we never really talked much so this FTC is your chance to blow me away, girl! However, my vote will come down to who sells themselves the best this weekend.

So my jury questions are:

I want each of you to sum up how you think the FTC will end. What do you guys predict will be the final outcome and why? I want your impression of who you think the jury will vote for and what you reckon the key factors will be in the vote to decide the winner. You can be as personal and as petty as you like, or you can keep it classy! I do want your prediction of numbers on how you think the final vote will be, you do not have to include names if you don't wish too.

Secondly, I want to know what part of this game did you feel most in danger? When were you having that adreneline rush you didn't know if you would make it another round? To understand your highs, I want to know your lows.

Also, being a juror is thirsty work. Reccomend me a cocktail. :beer:

Good luck to you all and congratulations again!

Cristina

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Russell
I want each of you to sum up how you think the FTC will end. What do you guys predict will be the final outcome and why? I want your impression of who you think the jury will vote for and what you reckon the key factors will be in the vote to decide the winner. You can be as personal and as petty as you like, or you can keep it classy! I do want your prediction of numbers on how you think the final vote will be, you do not have to include names if you don't wish too.
I think, right now, Stephenie likely wins. I don't think she played the best game here, but if she wins, it's because the jury values someone clean and risk-averse, even if they're passive, over someone messy and risk-prone, even if they're aggressive. There's more faults to nitpick with my game than hers because I have a greater volume of decisions than she does. I think the vote, right now, is probably 6-3-2.
Secondly, I want to know what part of this game did you feel most in danger? When were you having that adreneline rush you didn't know if you would make it another round? To understand your highs, I want to know your lows.
I felt in danger a lot. A lot a lot. The second round of the game, the swap, the Jeff elim, your elim, Joaq's elim before I won immunity. I think if I had to pick, though, it was probably the latter because it was clear that the people in the game wanted to split on me and Joaq and that immunity win avoided me going home if he played an idol. Even while I received actual votes during the Jeff elim, I was pretty certain I was surviving after my conversation with you and Tammy.
Also, being a juror is thirsty work. Recommend me a cocktail. :beer:
For your stuck-at-home gay trivia needs, a rainbow sangria:

Russell

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Yve
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
It really is too bad that we didn't ever really get to know each other in this game. I feel we played very similarly, and under the right circumstances, could have done well together.

Cristina wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:29:16 pm I want each of you to sum up how you think the FTC will end. What do you guys predict will be the final outcome and why? I want your impression of who you think the jury will vote for and what you reckon the key factors will be in the vote to decide the winner. You can be as personal and as petty as you like, or you can keep it classy! I do want your prediction of numbers on how you think the final vote will be, you do not have to include names if you don't wish too.
I'm typically an optimist, but I'm also a realist. These two perspectives often conflict with each other, leaving me very confused. So, I'm going to be bold and say that I win this game. We are all still playing this game right now, and if I was to be negative about my experience or my chances, it's not going to help my prospects.

Jurors want to justify their vote, that's what it comes down to. Even if they don't end up voting for the winner, they want to give a solid reason for why they gave their vote to someone. So, if I've been paying attention, it looks like you're all pretty indifferent to the three of us getting to the end. We weren't titans, and we often weren't the stars of the show. You are all Eliza in Micronesia, and the three of us are Parvati, Amanda, and some amalgamation of the two created in a lab a la the "Twisted Sister" episode of The Powerpuff Girls. One of us needs to "Parvati" your collective "Eliza."

Everyone wants specific things from Stephanie and Russell. I won't name them, frankly, because I'm not interested in helping their games right now. I do know that I am looked at as someone without much substance, and everyone on the jury is looking to fill in the gaps of my game. I think if everyone took a step back, they'd see just how much influence I had in every single vote from the merge on. I never, ever took a back seat in this game- I couldn't afford it. The round I let my guard down is the round that everyone would "finally get Yve out," something I heard of many people saying throughout the game.

I was vulnerable for elimination 13 out of the 16 rounds of this game. With no immunity necklace, and no advantage. I could have been voted out 13 times, but I wasn't. Out of those 13 tribal councils, I correctly voted for the person who was eliminated from the game 10 times.

So the reason why I'm going to win? I think people will have the opportunity to see the final three's games laid bare. And if I got the choice, I'd want them to see how brave, vulnerable, strong, and immortal I have been throughout the game. I'd want them to see how I struggled to stay alive almost every single round, and how I worked my ass off to get here.

I do think it'll be an extremely close vote. Out of 11, I'm seeing a 5-3-3. Or even a tie at 4-4-2. Almost every juror has said that their vote was up in the air, and I know that's got to be true. If I was in their position and had to choose, it would be a difficult one for me, too.

Of course, I'd never be so bold as to say I'd win the game unless I was outright asked. But if asked, I am always going to go for the answer that is truest to who I am as a person.

Cristina wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:29:16 pm Secondly, I want to know what part of this game did you feel most in danger? When were you having that adreneline rush you didn't know if you would make it another round? To understand your highs, I want to know your lows.
I'd say, I felt the most in danger at the merge vote. Before Jeff won immunity, all I heard was "Yve or Jeff, it doesn't matter." You all had the votes, and you had the extra vote too. All I could hope for at the time was for someone to play an idol for me. I was sitting alone at the booth of the restaurant I work at, talking to my coworkers about how it was all over for me. I started thinking about who I would want to vote for if one of the other 13 players got to the end. The way Jeff read the votes made it seem like it was me, of course. But once I started seeing the stray votes, that sinking feeling went away.

Cristina wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:29:16 pm Also, being a juror is thirsty work. Reccomend me a cocktail. :beer:
I have been a bartender for almost seven years. I know you said recommend, but could I make one for you instead? You seem like an all-around-the world kinda gal. Someone who likes a bit of tropical paradise one moment, and a dash of cold mountain air the next. A versatile player deserves a versatile drink.

I'm giving you a bone-dry gin martini with a lemon zest. To make, I'll pour a drop of scotch into the martini glass and swirl it around. After dumping the scotch into a smaller glass for later, I'll fill the glass up with ice. In a shaker, I'll fill it up 2/3 of the way with ice, pour in two ounces of gin and rigidly stir the spoon until the shaker is fully frosted. I'll empty the ice from your glass, and gently pour the liquor inside. Then I'll zest T.F. out of a lemon all over that baby.

Donezo. Enjoy. Plz leave a tip.

Yve

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Stephanie
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Thanks for the kind words, Cristina and I thoroughly enjoyed our time together at the beginning of the game on Munin with our chats at wonky hours while the Americans were fast asleep, as well as the Valkryies alliance with Loveita and Val. It unfortunately never quite reached its full potential but I still had a fun time with all three of you and hope you all feel the same!

In terms of me summing up how I think this FTC will end, what I predict the outcome will be and why. Wow, well that's tough to gauge as most of you are pretty up front that you're undecided and keeping an open mind here. I do think it has potential to be a very close finish with every last vote mattering, so I'd want nothing more than for each and every juror to carefully consider their choice as we're all giving this our best shot, and certainly nobody has this in the bag and we'll all need to fight until the very end.

I could see a 5-4-2 or a 5-3-3 or a 6-3-2, something like that. Maybe even 4-4-3, now that'd be exciting! I'd be surprised if any of us get shut out as from the jury threads popping up it does seem like everyone has at least some support, and am definitely trying my best to get every last vote on my end to give me the best chance of getting over the line, as I want this badly and would greatly appreciate any support thrown my way.

If I'm going to predict the final outcome, well, ultimately I'm going to back myself and say that I'm going to pull this out in the end, because if I don't believe in my own game and my strengths then I can hardly expect the jury to. And ultimately I believe in my abilities to convey my strengths over my opponents to the jury, and for the jury to see and appreciate that for what its worth.

In terms of why I'm optimistic of this outcome and the key factors that will come into play, well that ties back into my pitch to win, and I do think surviving sixteen Tribal Councils is a testament to my fight and grit, as well as my efforts in the final immunity challenge to earn my place here.

In addition I was very open to playing with Fenrir, creating cross-tribal relationships at the merge to open the door for moves being made while solidifying the strong relationships I already had with Munin since the beginning of the game. Specifically, I believe I showcased this in rounds such as the Joaquin boot at seven where I voted with the three Fenrir and against the three Munin (and against the alliance I had with Catalie, Joaquin and Russell) and also at the final ten double round, hustling hard to make sure one of Cassandra/Penner left at the first vote to create a Munin majority and then Loveita and I would plan to flip and work it so even with a possible idol play of Joaquin, the Joaquin/Russell/Tammy trio was still split up with the boys voting Tammy, and I'd have more leverage for the remainder of the game.

Additionally, I was never in genuine danger of leaving with no more than a single vote cast for me at any Tribal Council (Cassandra three times, Courtney once), and had my name written down far less times than my two opponents who were easy names to throw around at the start of the merge especially for one reason or another, so I believe that's where my social game and the strategic relationships I'd built pulled through for me and gave me more agency than Russell and Yve who were copping a lot of negative attention and heat which speaks more to their shortcomings in comparison to my strengths.

To tie into that, while I don't think I was ever on the verge of death per se, the moment in the game where I felt most in danger would be the round just before the merge, when Catalie, Courtney, Val and I lost yet again on NuFenrir, we had to eat one of our own, Val had her idol she made known she was playing on herself and Courtney was targeting me. There wasn't a lot of wiggle room there as we were all aligned and someone had an idol they were playing, so only three viable candidates for the boot. It was scary stuff, and I was definitely breathing heavily and having that adrenaline rush you speak of! But I was able to secure trust and allegiance from Catalie and Val, so they'd feel more comfortable moving forward into the merge with me as a trio than they did Courtney.

It's not Ponderosa if you're not getting sloshed! I was going to save this for you at the after party but if you insist, we can get started now. I mean it's almost nighttime in England, right?! And it is the middle of the night here in Australia, so we'll use it as an excuse. Actually, I'll probably be wiser to stay sober as I still have a couple more jury questions to get to after this, so I'll let you enjoy it for yourself.

Seeing as Cristina and Stephanie are both Latina, how about we bring some South American flavor to this to keep up our international flavor we brought to this game! Some Peppermint Teaquila. Drink up and enjoy! :pop:

Stephanie

• Valentine Tribe

Valentine Tribe
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom