By Melinda
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Sooooo Cristina and Penner likely have adorable accents and are sleeping at the moment...

When you wake up let's discuss who we think we should have compete in the challenge tomorrow and what time... I am fairly flexible with the exception of like between 11:45am-1pm Eastern time.

I am willing to compete, AND I am also willing to sit out if we have people who feel more confident... I am gonna do it at my office computer cuz it's way faster than my laptap... So yeah, I'd prefer a time range of like 1pm-4pm if I am competing, or I could also probably do like 10am-11:30am too...

And we should decide who is what number ahead of time cuz whoever is 1 will also be 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33 etc so we are all prepared with our numbers and have multiple browsers set up and don't fuck it up haha.

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Loveita
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
I am also willing to compete, or sit out, depending on how timing works and who feels confident.

My preferred Eastern time ranges are: 11:30-1:45 and 3 - deadline

Also, new tribe, let's slay!

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom
By Cassandra
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
I'm lagging back in PST so I would definitely prefer the 1pm-4pm range you mentioned there. But also free whenever if I have to be.

Couple tips on this one in case people end up running it without me tomorrow:

• Definitely sync up with each other using a world clock. Whatever website has a nice big one that you can keep next to your Stranded tabs for reference. After that it's just a matter of assigning seconds (e.g. XX:X0, XX:X3, XX:X5, XX:X8) for each person to post at, so you don't have to constantly check for the last number.
  • Maybe practice in the Tribe Chat beforehand to make sure everyone has the right number and knows when they're going.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Penner
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
My accent is legit so adorable.

I am OK at this, not amazing but not a total liability, I'll be online all day anyway so if you are stuck for a fourth you can use me!

Using a clock is a great idea if you can practice first and it works, I haven't tried it that way before. I always just do the refreshing so have an average enough time.

Penner

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Cristina
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
I too have an adorable accent! I can step up for the challenge if you want me too, but speed isn't my strongest suit. I am willing to commit though, for Munin!

Also, the best time for me would be before 2PM eastern. I am not free from 2PMEST till 5PM EST :(

Cristina

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Yeah I am with Penner in that I have never done this with a clock type thing... But we could def practice and I think that'd be smart. So with that do you open up like... 12 tabs ahead of time with all your numbers? That sounds like a smart strategy we just would need someone paying enough attention to if we fucked up and we'd have to start over if that was the case...

Ok um so the time we're gonna do this... I am hearing 3 or 4 Eastern might be a good time? that gives us plenty of time to set up a practice.

Melinda

• Jury
By Loveita
Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
I'm an idiot and forgot a student scheduled to "meet" with me after class, so I might not be available until more like 3:30ish.

The tab idea should work great if people have the internet connection for it - otherwise it could get laggy. We could practice with like letters of the alphabet or something too so no host thinks it's the real thing.

Loveita

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Melinda
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
what would be a time we could do so that we aren't too slow but also aren't too risky...

is every 4 seconds appropriate?

That gives a bit of wiggle room... Then we would be 15 numbers in one minute, so it'd be 3 minutes and 20 seconds...

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Cassandra
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
I've done it fine with three people and three-second intervals before. Never done four people so two-second intervals could be pushing it for sure. If we're doing three-second intervals or more we should also list out ahead of time which all of our posting seconds are at. Like if it's three-second intervals and I'm starting with "1" at XX:X0, then I would be posting "5" at XX:X2, then "9" at XX:4, etc., etc.

Also seconding Loveita's comment about having the connection for multiple tabs. I now remember trying to do the tab strat once and getting boned when my computer lagged. I think Firefox > Chrome for handling lots of tabs too.

Cassandra

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
ahhh shit ok... well looks like we can practice so we should definitely do a few practice runs before the official one... I am gonna head to my office in a bit so I have a faster computer to work on

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Melinda
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
we only have a few hours til the deadline so I think we should probably get organized here soon... can we all try to meet in the chatroom at some point in the next hour?

Melinda

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Penner
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
I am a generally risk averse person so I think if we are gonna be this organised let's give it a slight bit of breathing space but I am open to thoughts. It's a 50 second difference for each second we add which does add up, but a mistake would be disastrous.

Penner

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Kim
I can compete in this if you guys are willing to wait another couple hours.

I will pipe in though and say that I don’t think doing this by allocating time is gonna be the fastest way to do this.

I feel like the fastest way to do this is just pre prepare your numbers in different tabs and refresh like crazy? Idk

Kim

• Jury